X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slinky
    • Mar 2001
    • 1.1.x

Some posts don't show

Very odd and first time I have seen this. Go to my home page thelawforums and you'll see this post being pulled from the database:

General - Labor & Employment
    Topic: Depression
    Started By:CheerJK Last Post By: CheerJK
    I was just wondering if anyone can tell me something about collecting compensation if you are unable to work due to depression,Dr treated.
    ...; (more)

Click on "more" or try to view it from the "General - labor & Employment" forum and it isn't there and I get an error:

"Invalid thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster"

I think the post is there because downloading the database and looking at it, I can see the whole post. If I post a new thread it seems to work. It also lists the post somewhere (3 posts but only 2 show in 1 thread). I tried to use the admin tools to reindex and update counters, but it just doesn't work for some reason. This is the second time it has happened.

Using phpmyadmin I see the post in there. For some reason it isn't in order of number for threadid, e.g. it goes id 12, 13, 14, 62, 19, etc. but the post is there, has the right forumid, and I have no answer....
    Last edited by slinky; Sun 13 May '01, 9:43am.
    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Check your Moderation Queue. The thread is most likely invisible. This can be happen in one of three ways:

1) The forum is moderated.

2) A moderator or admin editted the thread and unchecked the "visible" checkbox.

3) The end user when posting a new thread, checked the box to start a poll and didn't go through with that procedure.

You should most likely check your Moderation Queue on a daily basis.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• slinky
      • Mar 2001
      • 1.1.x

Originally posted by wluke
      Check your Moderation Queue. The thread is most likely invisible. This can be happen in one of three ways:...

You should most likely check your Moderation Queue on a daily basis.
      How did you get so smart wluke? Don't know how it got stuck in there... but it did. Thanks...
      I do think that a good manual would help. Lots of features in this puppy.
      My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

The manual *is* coming, actually Wayne has been working on it.

Comment