• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FrankR678
    • Jun 2002

invalid thread specified error

I am running vb3 rc4.

php 4.3.4 and mysql 4.0.18

I am getting an "invalid thread specified" error when replying to posts or sometimes splitting a post.

It doesnt happen every time and even when i get the error the post still has gone thru.

it seems to happen more with threads that have attachments in them. I am using the filesystem to store attachments.

I thought i read something about this but cant seem to find it using the search.

Any help would be appreciated!

thanks
    Last edited by FrankR678; Sat 13 Mar '04, 12:45pm.
  • FrankR678
    • Jun 2002

hm no one's experienced this?

Comment

• Triple A
      • May 2003
      • 3.8.x

I was just going to post a topic about this.

This is apparently happening to a few people on my forum too. It hasn't happened to me, but they are saying that it happens sometimes when using Quick Reply.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

I have this problem occassionally on these forums. I don't know what causes it.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Dec 2000

if someone can produce this on a fairly regular basis could they run some debug code for me. I can't seem to produce it on my local forum no matter how long I post and I've never experienced it here.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• FrankR678
            • Jun 2002

well im glad im not the only one..

when i said "I" i meant my forum not me personally...

same problem i am having. some of our members keep complaining about it but i cant reproduce it myself on three different computers using diff os and connections (one even aol!).

but relieved to know you guys are aware of the issue...im sure itll get sorted out.

Comment

• scottct1
              • Jan 2003
              • 4.2.X

A few of my users are reporting this problem on VB3 GOLD.

Anyone else?
              Yup I run a BIG Board.

Comment

• DaveFT
                • Nov 2002

I'm using Version 2.2.8 and it is happening with some of my users. It's even happened to me. Don't know why. I can only tell you I use IE6

Comment

• Boofo
                  • Apr 2002
                  • 4.1.x

It happened to my wife on our site earlier today. She tried to post a new thread with some linked images in it from work, and the post never went through. She tried to do this 4 or 5 times with no success. The error message showed up each time and the post never went through. She tried a test thread without any images and it worked fine. When she got home, I had her edit the test thread and re-insert the same message with the linked images that she had tried to do earlier and when we saved it, everything went through fine. When we deleted the thread (permanently), I got the error message, but the thread was gone, so it worked.
                  vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• hankster
                    • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                    if someone can produce this on a fairly regular basis could they run some debug code for me. I can't seem to produce it on my local forum no matter how long I post and I've never experienced it here.
                    Scott, I have a member that is having this problem all the time... I'll give the debug code a try. PM me the code.

Comment

• cablemirc
                      • Aug 2003

i also have this issue on a consistent basis with my users.

Comment

• flyertech
                        • May 2001
                        • 3.0.0 'Gold'

We're getting this error on ours as well. We also have our Quick Reply feature disabled. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...