Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Animension
    • Feb 2004

Admin CP Index.php not loading...

I just had to reinstall VB3, as it went insane on me before with errors. Now I've reinstalled vb3 and the Admincp/index.php file won't work! The sidebar shows up, and all other Admincp/ files work, but index.php keeps loading. I have never had this problem before, and I did reinstall and reupload the admincp dir to no success.

I doubt the cause could be Im using the same db and dir as my older vb3 forums, but the dir and db were both emptied beforehand, so what can be this problem?

I'm not using IE5. I'm using Opera 7.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Why did you have to reinstall? Did you empty the database before proceeding with the install?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Animension
      • Feb 2004

I had to reinstall because half of my files somehow disappeared from my server. They werent in any directory. And I thought it would be easier to just re-modify all of the files instead of doing it to the files that disappeared. (I had a hacked board). Now the board isn't hacked yet this is still happening, and I did empty out the database beforehand.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Then all I can think of is that something didn't go right with your install. I suggest reuploading all the files and installing again.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Animension
          • Feb 2004

I just reinstalled my new boards, and I still don't get an admincp/index.php . I even redownloaded a new vBulletin 3 file. When I go to AdminCP, the sidemenu loads but the index.php part just stays white, and acts like its loading but it isnt. It just gets slower and slower gradually..

I completely deleted the database, and made a new one, new name and new username. The only thing that is the same is the directory in my forums (httpdocs/adrf/)

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Once again it looks like one or more files are missing. I don't know what else would cause this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Animension
              • Feb 2004

I dont understand though... how can a file be missing when its from a freshly unzipped package?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

I didn't mean they are missing from the zip file. I meant it would appear they are missing from your server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  • Dec 2000

Sounds like there is a problem with your server that will also affect remote avatars from working does.

PHP Code:
                  <?php

$fp 
                  fopen("http://www.google.com");
                   if (
                  $fp)
                   {
                   echo 
                  "connection worked";

fclose($fp);
                   }

?>
                  Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Animension
                    • Feb 2004

I did a search for "$fp = fopen("http://www.google.com");" in the file and it returned no results (in admincp/index.php) Could this be the problem?

Comment

• CeleronXT
                      • Mar 2002

I believe that was just a test script he wanted you to upload to see if your server could handle a remote connection to google.

I would say delete the forum directory entirely. Don't just upload all of the new files over the old ones, remove it entirely. Then recreate the folder and try installing again.
                      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• Animension
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                        I believe that was just a test script he wanted you to upload to see if your server could handle a remote connection to google.

I would say delete the forum directory entirely. Don't just upload all of the new files over the old ones, remove it entirely. Then recreate the folder and try installing again.
                        Thats what I've been doing though.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                          Former vBulletin Developer
                          • Dec 2000

Can you make a file called test.php and place the contents of the file above within it and have a go to see if it works in your browser.

I believe your server has a configuration problem preventing the above from happening.
                          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Animension
                            • Feb 2004

Warning: Wrong parameter count for fopen() in /home/httpd/vhosts/animension.net/httpdocs/test.php on line 3

Search, track and share the anime you love, subbed or dubbed, all in one website, truly a dimension of all things anime.

Comment

• CeleronXT
                              • Mar 2002

Heh, try this..

<?php

$fp
                              = fopen("http://www.google.com",
                              "r");
                              if (
                              $fp)
                              {
                              echo
                              "connection worked";
                              fclose($fp);
                              }
                              ?>
                              "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                              "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                              Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...