X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reverend
    • Jul 2002
    • 4.2.x

blank usergroup

Just noticed in usergroup manager i've got a blank usergroup listed but it says 1 under primary user,and clicking on the Go button doesn't do anything ??
    Attached Files
    Techzonez - Tech News
    Techzonez Forums - Tech Community
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

This looks like a deleted usergroup, but with still a user in it.

If you delete a usergroup through the Administrator Control Panel it will set those users to usergroupid 2. So perhaps you deleted a usergroup through phpmyadmin or otherwise? Maybe uninstalled a hack that has a bug in the uninstall script?

To find out which user is left over in this deleted usergroup (and the usergroupid), you could run this query:
    Code:
    SELECT * FROM user LEFT JOIN usergroup ON (user.usergroupid = usergroup.usergroupid) WHERE usergroup.usergroupid IS NULL
    (hopefully this is correct query; I couldn't really test it )

Comment

• Reverend
      • Jul 2002
      • 4.2.x

Thanks floris,query worked perfect.

For some reason the 1 user was in another "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation" group which had no usergroup id.

May have happened when we upgraded from vb2x ???
      All fixed now.
      Techzonez - Tech News
      Techzonez Forums - Tech Community

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

I wouldn't know how the upgrade from v2 to v3 processes the usergroupid's yet, so .. could be :> but not sure, and glad it is fixed!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...