X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A-handreas
    • Oct 2002

phpBB-vb2.33-vb3RC2 problem

Hallo

today i tried to make an test for switching my phpBB-forum to vb3RC2 and it stops.

1. i installed vb 2.33 - ok
    2. i converted my DB with your converter from phpBB2 to vb2.33 - ok
    3. i installed vb3RC2 and run the upgrade-script and it stops at the 1. Step
    and tells me I had used the upgrade-script before ( I swear this was the first call to use the upgrade.php script)

what could I change to ignore this thing and let the upgrade run ?

greetings from
    Andreas
    Attached Files
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I'm pretty sure that error message is accurate. I would start all over again with a fresh db. Then after importing the phpBB, run the database conflicts script prior to attempting the upgrade:

Purpose: The attached script is to be used to find any conflicting database tables and columns on your vBulletin 2 installations. Please note that this script will not alter your database in anyway, it will simply identify any problems that may exist. You will need to rectify this before you can attempt the vBulletin 3
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• A-handreas
      • Oct 2002

Hello Steve!

Thanks for your quick answer! I put the vB2.33 data's back on ftp and run the database-conflicts-file, without any modified or new install. (because it needs a lot of time converting 176.000 messages). I made a picture what the problems are, but can you say me what could help at this stage (when I know this, then I will do a new install-converting-thing) to fix it.

greetings
      Andreas

Comment

• A-handreas
        • Oct 2002

picture
        Attached Files
        Last edited by A-handreas; Sat 10 Jan '04, 4:06am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

You will need to rename or remove those tables and that column prior to upgrading the vB3.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...