• Show
Clear All
  • pulsorock
    • Aug 2001
    • 3.6.x

Error in: Step 28) Import vbulletin-language.xml

I got the following error when upgrading from 2.3.3
    Step 28) Import vbulletin-language.xml

Could not find phrase 'please_ensure_x_file_is_located_at_y'.
    I tried to restart upgrade again and continue to have same errors...
    You may also see the screenshot...
    Attached Files
  • pulsorock
    • Aug 2001
    • 3.6.x

I think the problem I'm having is due to my file system or something that is misleading vB t think the file doesn’t exist, even when in fact is there... as I asked on this post when I was upgrading from vB2.2.1 to vB2.3.3 tonight and I had some problems. (see the post and how I found out to fix it here http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89168).
    Something that affects my configuration that is: Apache/2.0.43 (Unix) PHP/4.2.3 running on RedHat Linux 8.0.

I also had similar problem at the beginning of the upgrade to vB3... I got this error:
    Please make sure you have created the new directory structure required by vBulletin 3:

You need to move config.php to the sub directory off of your forums directory named "includes"
    So I noticed that was something similar like the error I had when upgrading from 2.2.1 to 2.3.3 and I looked at the upgradecore.php and commented out this part (line 464):

PHP Code:
     /*
         if (!file_exists('../includes/config.php'))
         {
             echo '<p>Please make sure you have created the new directory structure required by vBulletin 3:</p>
                 <p>You need to move <b>config.php</b> to the sub directory off of your forums directory named &quot;<b>includes</b>&quot;</p>';
             exit;
         }
     */ 
    Then uploaded the file and tried again and it worked fine... Until step 27 (and this one step 28) that I started getting errors, that I think is due to the same problem... Is no finding the required files and is giving errors... In this case the .xml files. This is what I think is causing the problem...

So I desperately ask for help, since right now I have my board closed and is a heavy visited one... With over 2,000 posts daily and I know that my users will drive me nuts in a few hours when the noticed that the board is still closed.

Thanks!

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

When did you download the Gamma zip. If it was on the first day then redownload it and reupload the files. If not, I would suggest reupload the gamma files anyway. Make sure you upload non-image files as ASCII and overwrite the ones on the server.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• pulsorock
        • Aug 2001
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        When did you download the Gamma zip. If it was on the first day then redownload it and reupload the files. If not, I would suggest reupload the gamma files anyway. Make sure you upload non-image files as ASCII and overwrite the ones on the server.
        I downloaded yesterday... and yes... I have uploaded them in ASCII.... I have deleted the folder and uploaded it again 3 times now.

Comment

• pulsorock
          • Aug 2001
          • 3.6.x

If I try to continue on the last step where I left (step 27), then I get this error:

Step 27) Update Settings (part 2)
          There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
          Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Then I receive this email:
          Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:
          SELECT setting.*
          FROM setting LEFT JOIN settinggroup USING(settinggroupid)
          ORDER BY settinggroup.displayorder, setting.displayorder

mysql error: Unknown column 'setting.settinggroupid' in 'on clause'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Friday 12th of December 2003 02:38:51 PM
          Script: http://www.mydomain.com/forum/instal...e1.php?step=27
          Referer: http://www.mydomain.com/forum/instal...e1.php?step=26
          IP Address: 66.50.244.x
          Being www.mydomain.com/forum/ is where my vB3 is istalled... (changed for security reason)

Help!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...