Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greaseman
    • Nov 2002

exim

ok ive got a little problem well actually a big problem.

i am running beta 7 now have been since released. we had running on another server. moved it to dedicated not to long ago which is using exim.
    now heres where im having the problem. when we send mail to users (mass mail) something goes nutz between vb and exim to the point it of it resending the same message up to 20 times to one person loads up server and it panics.
    ive tried searching thru forum to see if i could find anything about this but havent found anything. everything seems to work fine for all the smaller forums which are now on server (less than 2kmembers each) but the large forum 11k+ it just cant handle the flow even when we set it to do chunks of 50 or 100 at time.
    ive checked the exim conf and had a few others check as well they say all looks good as i do.
    it has me all confused as i know what the problem is but not sure how to fix.

when sending mail some if not all are getting stuck in outbound que which is loading up server and causeing it to panic. but now heres the weird part when it starts backing up in the que vb starts resending the same mail thinking it hasnt sent it. and of course it doesnt take long for it to bring the server down.

anyone have any ideas???
    im not saying this is a vb problem personally i think its with exim but the resending of the mails in que has me all confused. I will try any suggestions
    thanks for any help
    rob
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I have exim on my server and have never had email problems with vB3 or any version of vB. Not sure what to say since I'm just using the default configuration provided with RedHat.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• greaseman
      • Nov 2002

hum its weird. everything was fine up til bout 2 weeks ago. of course we hadnt sent out any mails since the move either but sure as the world as soon as we did, it went nutz.
      im going to keep checking into this maybe its just a problem with the version of exim im running or maybe the the control panel has different default conf than RH does, since it wasnt installed with RH.

maybe if someone would be nice enough to attach a default conf for RH so that i may compare the 2. maybe that is the problem.
      thanks

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Here is my original exim.conf file. Just rename it to exim.conf.
        Attached Files
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• greaseman
          • Nov 2002

hum tons of differences thank you steve hopefully this will solve my problem i will check back later and let you know

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...