X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Storm
    • Nov 2003
    • 3.0.0 Beta 7

Upgrading from Invisonboard 1.2

How do I go about doing this? I can't seem to find anywhere that gives explination of how to go about switching from IPB 1.2 to vB 3 beta 7.

Should I delete all my IPB files first, upload the vB files and then run the upgrade script? I have already uploaded a VB test board that I am going to delete when I put my main one up, I tried running the import script from there and only got this message "Warning: main(./../admin/bbimport.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mowen/public_html/vbtest/cpadmin/importers/bbimport_invib.php on line 4"

Any help here?
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

I advice to convert from ikonboard to vbulletin version 2 first, and then upgrade from version 2 to version 3.

Comment

• Blue Storm
      • Nov 2003
      • 3.0.0 Beta 7

Im doing Invisionboard and it looks like I can only convert to 2, but I still don't kow how I do it. Where do I upload the script to, how do I use it???

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

If it is the official ikonboard to vb2 convert script, i hope it comes with some instructions. I wouldn't know - I never run any convert. script.

Comment

• Blue Storm
          • Nov 2003
          • 3.0.0 Beta 7

Its Invisionboard.

And no, I can't seem to find any instruction on how to do this thing. There must be some somewhere but I seem to be missing it.

Anyone tell me what I have to do?

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Everytime I think invisionboard, I think ikonboard - matt was dev there. - the same applies still

Comment

• Mr. HillBilly
              • Jun 2003
              • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Originally posted by floris
              Everytime I think invisionboard, I think ikonboard - matt was dev there. - the same applies still
              It's a way different software.

Comment

• AZone
                • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Blue Storm
                How do I go about doing this? I can't seem to find anywhere that gives explination of how to go about switching from IPB 1.2 to vB 3 beta 7.

Should I delete all my IPB files first, upload the vB files and then run the upgrade script? I have already uploaded a VB test board that I am going to delete when I put my main one up, I tried running the import script from there and only got this message "Warning: main(./../admin/bbimport.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mowen/public_html/vbtest/cpadmin/importers/bbimport_invib.php on line 4"

Any help here?
                I think, you forgot to upload bbimport_invib.php on your server... Also there is no possibility to convert anything into vB3 - only vB2 at the moment...

Comment

• Vortech
                  • Mar 2001

I am looking to do the same thing in to VB3 is this an option yet?

If not would this work? Setupa VB2 temp forum, import invisionboard in to the VB 2 forum, then can you import the users and forum in to a VB3 forum?

Comment

• Yves R.
                    vBulletin QA
                    • Nov 2003
                    • 5.6.X

Today, with ImpEx, you can import directly from IPB 1.3 to vB 3.0.3.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...