• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ehsan
    • Aug 2003
    • 4.2.X

unicode UTF-8 , import , templates , VB3

Hi there,

I'm going to purchase a licence for my phpBB forum and convert it to VB, so I'm harvesting the VB forum these days to know much more about Importing from phpBB (2.0.6) to VB,
    Anyways, I have some question before I finally push the purchase button, and as I'm using my current forum for my Business so I just want to reduce the future problems and do not take down my forum for sevral days,

1. My forum is a Persian one, (3500 members and 45000 posts) and I think there is no persian VB forum, does VB support Unicode characteres, (UTF-8) ? does it have any problem with double byte characteres?

2. Does importing data from phpBB make any change in phpbb tables or just read the datas from them!? (I don't like losing my old phpBB forum!)

3. Does VB's members area offer any free templates or I have to buy them too?!

4. Is it possible to convert from phpBB directly to VB3? Or I need to convert it to VB2.3.3 first?! Is there any importer from phpbb to VB3 out there?

Vbulletin is a really great script and I'll be so happy using it for my current phpBB forum, but I like to know more, So please somebody answer the above questions,

Regards
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

1. You can change to UTF-8 character codes by editing the appropriate templates.

2. The import script doesn't touch the original data. It only reads the data and imports it to the vB database.

3. There are no official alternate templates or syle sets at this time.

4. You will neeed to import to 2.3.3 first, then upgrade to vB 3.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ehsan
      • Aug 2003
      • 4.2.X

Thanks in Advance Steve,
      I've just tested on my friends' VB forum, and the body of post was working ok in utf-8 but the subject title does not working all right and corrupts the template,
      this was just a quick test and I should test more,
      anyways thanks again,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...