• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevinj
    • Aug 2003
    • 3.5.x

Adsense?

Hi all,

Just wondering if i can get any help from anyone, i want to add adsense to every page on my vB forums, like underneath my logo or just at the side of it, could somebody be so kind enough to help me out?

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Kevin
    Computer Networking Forums
    www.unlocked-networks.com
  • tgillespie
    • Dec 2002
    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by kevinj
    Hi all,

Just wondering if i can get any help from anyone, i want to add adsense to every page on my vB forums, like underneath my logo or just at the side of it, could somebody be so kind enough to help me out?

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Kevin
    In your admincp, find the header template. Add the Google Adsense code into that template where you desire. For more help, you should post in the templates forum, or over at www.vbulletintemplates.com
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• kevinj
      • Aug 2003
      • 3.5.x

Thanks, it's been added now.

Regards,
      Kev

Comment

• noppid
        • May 2003

Putting adsense in the header will show adsense on pages that violate the TOS.
        Computer Help Forum
        An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

• kevinj
          • Aug 2003
          • 3.5.x

Really?

why is that?

Comment

• Joe
            • May 2000

You cant have the ads on registration type pages. Your best bet would be keeping your ads on the index page, forum display, and show thread pages.
            Bike Forums.net

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

You can use <if condition="THIS_PAGE != 'showthread' or THIS_PAGE != 'index' (etc)>adsense</if> conditional to only show it on those pages.

I have made a template mod that will show the adsense in the header and/or certain locations for guests on certain pages only. While if you are logged in, you only see it in the footer. You can use conditionals quite good to control it. No need for banner software at all.

Comment

• Chen
                • Jun 2001

Originally posted by xiphoid
                You can use <if condition="THIS_PAGE != 'showthread' or THIS_PAGE != 'index' (etc)>adsense</if> conditional to only show it on those pages.

I have made a template mod that will show the adsense in the header and/or certain locations for guests on certain pages only. While if you are logged in, you only see it in the footer. You can use conditionals quite good to control it. No need for banner software at all.
                "THIS_PAGE == 'showthread' or THIS_PAGE == 'index'" would be the correct conditional to only show it on those pages.
                Chen Avinadav
                Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• okrogius
                  • Dec 2001

Originally posted by xiphoid

That's nice, but (as Joe mentioned above) your current implementation of adsense is against the rules (section 6, part V).

Comment

• Joe
                    • May 2000

I have put my adsense ads between the first and second post on showthread (http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=38979) as well as my index page and forum display.

My over all CTR is above *% (), and my income is almost enough to replace a full time job. I cant give details, but its working great. IMHO, you will have better results by showin the ad in the thread, then in the header or footer.

If you want, I can give you my code for this change...
                    Last edited by Joe; Sat 8 Nov '03, 2:24pm.
                    Bike Forums.net

Comment

• okrogius
                      • Dec 2001

That's quite a very nice spot you have there for the showthread . My showthread i have these placed between the brearumb and the first post.

I do think my forumdisplay implementation is slgihtly better then yours (ex. http://www.cgshockforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)

You may want to remove the CTR number though Joe. According to Google it is one of the things that are covered by their confidentiality clause.
                      Last edited by okrogius; Sat 8 Nov '03, 2:35pm.

Comment

• Joe
                        • May 2000

*nod* I didnt give specifics, but I guess I shouldnt even tell you what my CTR is close to. Lets just say its rather nice
                        Bike Forums.net

Comment

• cyo
                          • Jul 2000

Joe,

I would like to know how you add the adsence like that to you showthread. Are you running vb3?

Comment

• IDN
                            • Apr 2002
                            • 3.5.x

Yes he is, beta7
                            Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

• hankster
                              • Feb 2002

Is the following the correct code to use? Doesn't seem to be working correctly.

<if condition="THIS_PAGE == 'showthread' or THIS_PAGE == 'index' or THIS_PAGE == 'forumdisplay'">

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...