X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HexOnxOnx
    • Apr 2003
    • 3.7.x

Is your vB brand free?

How many people here have their board brand free? I am thinking of purchasing this tonight but wanted to hear from some people who have done this.

Do you have any regrets? Is it worth the $120? What do you do when people try and say you are running a pirated board or ask why you have no copyright?
    http://www.icecreamforum.com
  • Joe
    • May 2000

I run brand free. I think the forum looks cleaner without the copyright / powerd by text. I would guess my forums have been reported to jelsoft half a dozen times or more in the last two weeks... I dont care, its legal. I do get annoyed when people accuse me in public of breaking the license agreement.
    Last edited by Joe; Mon 20 Oct '03, 6:47pm.
    Bike Forums.net

Comment

• f-a_org
      • Nov 2002

I use it.
      makes it easier to see the bottom of the page in Jamd Linux.

Comment

• Mark Hewitt
        • Apr 2000
        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Joe
        I run brand free. I think the forum looks cleaner without the copyright / powerd by text. I would guess my forums have been reported to jelsoft half a dozen times or more in the last two weeks... I dont care, its legal. I do get annoyed when people accuse me in public of breaking the license agreement.
        Presumably this is not a problem since you paid to run without the copyright?
        Motorsport Forums

Comment

• Joe
          • May 2000

Nope, not a problem. When people question it, i tell them to report my site... It does bug me when they post in a thread "You are breaking the forum guidelines! You need to put the copyright back!".

So, if you suspect somebody of piracy, report it. I dont like being accused of illegal things...
          Bike Forums.net

Comment

• tgillespie
            • Dec 2002
            • 3.7.x

I like supporting vB. If it was legal, I would even place a link back to vB. No body ever scrolls down that far anyways.
            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• Joe
              • May 2000

Chances are only a few of my forum members know what vB is, or plan on buying / running a forum of there own. I think jelsoft would rather have my $120 then .002% more brand recognition. Now, if you run a webmastersite, I wouldnt buy the brand free license, I would link the footer to vbulletin.com via my affiliate program. But, I dont, so i wont.
              Bike Forums.net

Comment

• f-a_org
                • Nov 2002

People think that sites with a solid legal topic are running illegally seems kind of weird.
                I mean you can't be to carefull, but if a person knows alot about what there doing and there doing something "good" then...

Comment

• MrNase
                  • Jun 2003
                  • 3.8.x

Iam proud to show that i can afford a vB
                  That's the end of that!

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                    • May 2002
                    • 1.1.x

I see no point in paying $100+ to run without a copyright. Not only do I not have the money, but the copyright notice never bothered me.

Comment

• Oricon
                      • Dec 2002

same here it has yet to bother me.... and anyways I can TELL when someone uses vB so it really doesn't matter if i see the copyright or not ( www.trillian.cc uses vB for there forums unbranded )

Comment

• N9ne
                        • Mar 2002
                        • 3.5.0 Beta

I would never spend $120!! to just remove less than 100 characters of text that can be very small font. Surely if you're good at design you can implement things like that into it? I just think it's far fetched to spend $120 for design purposes, whereas if you're a big company, then it's ok to have it unbranded, although what people don't realise is the vB_bullet.gif icon at the top next to the breadcrumb, when you hover over it it tells you the version number, powered by vBulletin, etc. and if you go to the FAQ too. And if you go to the AdminCP

Comment

• Ksilebo
                          • May 2001

Its a waste of money, Its giving some credit to the hard work the devs put into it, and you can make it pretty discreet without hiding it outright.

Odd, Cerulean Studios used to have it branded...

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
                          http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

• Mainer82
                            • Apr 2003
                            • 1.1.x

No, I don't see the point. I like showing who I use.

Comment

• BlueFlame
                              • Jan 2003
                              • 3.8.x

Id personally give Devs a Credit for their hard work
                              @BlueFlame@

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...