X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tylast
    • Jul 2003
    • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Remove Option for Invisible Mode

How would I edit my Resiter Template to set the option for Invisible Mode to no & not display that option on the registration page?
  • TheEDIGuy
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tylast
    How would I edit my Resiter Template to set the option for Invisible Mode to no & not display that option on the registration page?
    1) Edit your "register" template

2) Find:

Code:
    <tr>
     <td class="alt1"><b>Invisible Mode?</b><br />
     <span class="smallfont">Selecting yes allows you to surf the forums without appearing in the 'Logged In Users' list.</span></td>
     <td class="alt1">
      <label for="rb_invisible_1"><input type="radio" name="options[invisible]" value="1" id="rb_invisible_1" $invisiblechecked[1] />Yes</label>
      <label for="rb_invisible_0"><input type="radio" name="options[invisible]" value="0" id="rb_invisible_1" $invisiblechecked[0] />No</label>
     </td>
    </tr>
    3) Replace it with:

<input type="hidden" name="options[invisible]" value="0" />

4) You also need to make sure all usergroups have the "allow invisible mode" turned off in their admin settings, or else they'll be able to modify their profile to select being invisible.
    Fans of Reality TV

Comment

• tylast
      • Jul 2003
      • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Totally worked...also modified for 5 other options with no problems. Thanks!

Comment

• jilly
        • Apr 2001
        • 3.7.x

so then could I also do this?

if I wanted to allow just a certain usergroup to not be invisible, say people who were troublemakers, or new users, should I leave the code in the register template, but just turn that option off for the individual usergroup?

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • May 2000
          • 1.1.x

You can set each usergroup's ability to be invisible from the Usergroup Manager. There is no need to to modify the templates.

Comment

• mmh
            • Dec 2003

Need more help

Originally posted by Freddie
            You can set each usergroup's ability to be invisible from the Usergroup Manager. There is no need to to modify the templates.
            I was trying to find the Usergroup Manager in Control Panel. But I did not. How can I find this?
            Thanks.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...