X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poolking
    • Aug 2002

Is Steve Machol a robot?

Just a question about Steve Machol.

Is he a human or is he really a robot? Reading some of his posts on here, answering members questions, the exact same paragraphs appear in his posts if a member has asked a similar question before.

Or does he have a word document stashed on his hard drive with all of these answers and he cuts and pastes them?

Not a dig Steve, just an amusing observation.
  • fury
    • Jun 2001

My theory is that he has one of those nifty 50 billion key MS keyboards and all the special keys are assigned to print out certain phrases, in order to maximize his post-whoring efficiency.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Originally posted by poolking

Is he a human or is he really a robot? Reading some of his posts on here, answering members questions, the exact same paragraphs appear in his posts if a member has asked a similar question before.

Or does he have a word document stashed on his hard drive with all of these answers and he cuts and pastes them?

Hmmm......
      Attached Files
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

P.S. I have a lot of text files with standard answers. It helps cut down on my typos.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• UHN_ED
          • Jan 2003

vB3 includes a feature for moderators and admins to add canned responses. He just selects them.

disclamer: the above statement is only true if you are steve.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Actually that's not true. My canned responses are in text files on my server. I copy-n-paste then modify as needed.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• poolking
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Actually that's not true. My canned responses are in text files on my server. I copy-n-paste then modify as needed.
              So what is the canned response you use the most and which is your favourite?

(This is looking like its going to go the same way as the Wayne Luke story thread )

Comment

• George L
                Former vBulletin Support
                • May 2000
                • 3.8.x

didn't you know all vB staff members have a proprietary Bio-Neural implant which allows us to interface directly via the internet with the vB mainframe super computer - we can reply to posts in our sleep etc just using our mind
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                  • Nov 2001
                  • 3.8.x

lolol
                  MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                  Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                    • Nov 2001
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by UHN_ED
                    vB3 includes a feature for moderators and admins to add canned responses. He just selects them.

disclamer: the above statement is only true if you are steve.
                    sometimes i wish it did
                    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• UHN_ED
                      • Jan 2003

The honest answer is that steve has a helper monkey that he stole from a disabled person that does all his repetitive posting.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

Jojo type this... C'mon Jojo Type this... C'mon Jojo... Okay, no more bananas for Jojo until you type this response.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• CeleronXT
                          • Mar 2002

Wayne stole Steve's monkey!
                          "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                          "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                          Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

I need JoJo and my canned responses because I tore some tendons and muscles in my right arm four weeks ago and I'm still struggling with pain while typing.

Most used canned response, hmmmmm........ it's a tossup and depends.

1. cantconnect:
                            This error means either MySQL crashed, it's not running or it can't find the socket. You need to contact your host about this. Here is more info on this error:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/a/Can_not_connect_to_server.html
                            2. accessdenied:
                            This error means either:

1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file:

$dbusername
                            $dbpassword
                            $dbname

If you are unsure of what the appropriate values are then you will need to ask your web host.

2. Or that this db user is not assigned to that database or does not have permission to access MySQL to create a database. You may need to first manually create the database and assign the db user to it. Since each web host is different, if you do not know how to do this then contact your web host for help.
                            3. php:
                            Upload the phpinfo.php file from the 'extras' directory of the zip file to your forums directory. Then post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.
                            One other frequent response that I type fresh each time is:

Reupload the original {filename}.php file from the 2.3.0 zip file. Make sure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• nuno
                              • Apr 2001
                              • 3.8.x

vB3 Intuitive Reply EngineĀ®
                              You're my Prince of Peace
                              And I will live my life for You

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...