X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedStreet
    • Aug 2002

Biggest Bang 4 Your Buck: AlwaysWebHosting.com

Wow.

I've been through the wringer about my site. I have went to a million different sites, done a ton of research, and I have come up with a great solution:

17 bucks a month for 500mb of space and 20gb of bandwidth???

How could you top that? More importantly, their site blazes...I've not seen my mySQL db respond this quickly on any server I tested, including my own.

Not to mention the fact that their support is awesome. They have about 5 different ways they can be contacted, and get back to you immediately.

This may sound like a plant, and it damn well should. I've never been this happy with any service I've ever gotten PERIOD <except maybe my vbulletin!>. If you are looking for a site to do your hosting at a cheap price, check these guys out!

PS: I think right now they are running a special on people who have bad hosts or something, I'd check it out if you are interested.

John
    Speed-Street.com hosted at AWH
    Last edited by SpeedStreet; Mon 19 Aug '02, 12:26pm.
  • greenchicken
    • Sep 2002

Always was the best host until they virtually cut their bandwidth in half for their new users

went there one week and it had 60 gb listed, the next week 30 but didn't lower their prices.

Comment

• walter
      • May 2001
      • 3.8.x

Have you ever thought why? They are still very, very low at 30GB traffic for $26.95...
      More than 10 years experience in building communities!
      Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

• greenchicken
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by walter
        Have you ever thought why? They are still very, very low at 30GB traffic for $26.95...

26.95 is not a good deal for 30 gb transfer a month, I am sorry I have to disagree.

Comment

• walter
          • May 2001
          • 3.8.x

What are you looking for? Quality? Obviously not.
          An example: Venturesonline is $24.95 for 20 GB traffic. I would consider them a quality provider (network quality and support).
          Do you know that a GB traffic on a quality network costs about $1 to $3 for a host?
          Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

• greenchicken
            • Sep 2002

ipowerweb.com

15 GB for 7.95

Nuff said

Comment

• walter
              • May 2001
              • 3.8.x

If you want I can show you a host asking $20 per year, but is this an answer?

How are they able to survive in the long run? The only way to offer dead cheap hosting packages is to cut costs. What are the major costs for a hosting company?
              • marketing
              • techs and support
              • hardware
              • traffic

Will they spend less $ on marketing? Probably not. The solution:
              • techs and support: that's very easy and we all know it - let them wait.
              • hardware: cheap hardware, overloaded servers
              • traffic: Cogent traffic or getting rid of customers who use more than 30% of their alloted bandwidth

To be clear: I don't know anything about ipowerweb, these comments are nothing special about them.

Comment

• greenchicken
                • Sep 2002

If you want I can show you a host asking $20 per year, but is this an answer?

How are they able to survive in the long run? The only way to offer dead cheap hosting packages is to cut costs. What are the major costs for a hosting company?
                • marketing
                • techs and support
                • hardware
                • traffic

Will they spend less $ on marketing? Probably not. The solution:
                • techs and support: that's very easy and we all know it - let them wait.
                • hardware: cheap hardware, overloaded servers
                • traffic: Cogent traffic or getting rid of customers who use more than 30% of their alloted bandwidth

To be clear: I don't know anything about ipowerweb, these comments are nothing special about them.

Well every email I send them gets answered and every call I make to them gets answered by a human. everything works well.

I take it you work for always webhosting or something Walter, if so good luck to you, I myself was debating going there for my next site because of the rave reviews but when I saw them cut their packages in half without taking a cent off the cost I was sure that I made the right choice not to.

Take Care
                Jeff

Comment

• walter
                  • May 2001
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Truckingboards
                  I take it you work for always webhosting or something Walter, if so good luck to you, I myself was debating going there for my next site because of the rave reviews but when I saw them cut their packages in half without taking a cent off the cost I was sure that I made the right choice not to.
                  Jeff, I should have stated that earlier, but I own a small hosting company.
                  To cut the bandwidth in half is a bad move for a host, but: their initial error was to offer too much for too little.

Comment

• George L
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • May 2000
                    • 3.8.x

Jeff, I should have stated that earlier, but I own a small hosting company.
                    To cut the bandwidth in half is a bad move for a host, but: their initial error was to offer too much for too little.
                    exactly! "if you don't plan, you plan to fail"
                    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• N9ne
                      • Mar 2002
                      • 3.5.0 Beta

nocster.net

50GB transfer for $24 or something...

Comment

• alwaysweb
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Truckingboards
                        I take it you work for always webhosting or something Walter, if so good luck to you, I myself was debating going there for my next site because of the rave reviews but when I saw them cut their packages in half without taking a cent off the cost I was sure that I made the right choice not to.[/B]
                        Hi Jeff, Ronnie Moore here from www.AlwaysWebHosting.com . I am the founder and owner, and Walter is in no way affiliated with us, other than perhaps being a customer, which I cannot confirm nor deny.

I figured you would have at least searched a bit to determine why our prices had remained unchanged while the bandwidth was adjusted on our plans. Why?

We are half-way through the transition of all our customer sites from the weaker RackShack's leased servers to an incredible new server farm , with 4 awesome machines (dual and QUAD 1.6 and 2.0Ghz CPUs, etc.). The new serfarm farm has full load-balancing, tons of disk space, full RAID5 redundancy, dual power supplies and scsi/raid cards, etc. for each machine. This farm will allow us to grow and continue to offer superior service long into the future. See link:

The server farm is above-all the reason for the adjustments to our hosting plans. Check out the link, i'm sure you'll be impressed, if nothing else but from the price tag of the equipment at least! (not mentioned) haha!
                        Last edited by alwaysweb; Fri 20 Sep '02, 9:42am.

Comment

• adrianchew
                          • Feb 2001

Ronnie - no shell access = vB unfriendly host.
                          vB 3.6.4 (No hacks), RedHat Enterprise 3 (+hotfixes), Lighttpd 1.4.13, PHP 5.2.1 (FastCGI, gzip), MySQL 4.1.21, P4 2.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 80GB IDE disk

Comment

• SpeedStreet
                            • Aug 2002

To this point, I haven't had a need for shell access, and I am running a vb site.

Support has been top notch....and for shared hosting, a server load hovering consistently at .10 is not something to shake a stick at.

These guys have been awesome with helping me deal with issues that I've caused even myself. You won't find a better level of CS than with them.

PS: I am a customer and I can confirm that :P

Comment

• mishkan
                              • May 2002

Originally posted by SpeedStreet
                              To this point, I haven't had a need for shell access, and I am running a vb site.
                              How do you backup your database?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...