Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • groovesalad
    • Aug 2002

Global Announcement

I'd like to make a global announcement that will show up on all forums. It's just a message about the board. When I create this in my Admin CP, it doesn't show up when I click on any of the forums. It says it's a global announcement, however, I can't view it. I have seen others do the same thing, however, the word "Notice:" appears before the Title. Is this the same thing as a global announcement?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Admin CP -> Announcements -> Add -> {set starting and ending dates, title and announcement} -> Visible In -> All forums
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• groovesalad
      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by smachol
      Admin CP -> Announcements -> Add -> {set starting and ending dates, title and announcement} -> Visible In -> All forums
      Yeah, i have it set just like that, still doesn't show up. The time for the message is 00:00:00. Is that the problem? I even tried to back up the start date to yesterday...didn't work

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Perhaps. Try leaving the rime off and just use the date.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• groovesalad
          • Aug 2002

I left the date off and still the announcement doesn't show up. Any ideas? Is there a setting to allow announcements to be turned on?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

You have to have a date. Just leave the time off.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• groovesalad
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by smachol
              You have to have a date. Just leave the time off.
              Sorry, meant to say I left the time off...I kept the date. Any ideas?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Perhaps announcements was removed from your forumdisplay. Someone is going to have to look at your Admin CP to figure this out. Fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...