Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ljkfg
    • Mar 2009

FUDforum to vbulletin

I've been administrating a FUDforum 2.7.7 message board for a few years, and I'd really like to change forum software. It's so limited.

Anyway, I've noticed that in the manual here that there is a converter from Fud to vbulletin. But how clean is it? Is it possible to try a convertion prior to sale, or is there a money back guarantee? I'm not sure we want to switch over to a commertial product if we have to make everyone re-register.

Thanks.
  • Nick
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.8.x

Unfortunately, there is no way to test the conversion prior to purchase. Additionally, there is no money-back guarantee, because it's easy for the customer to get their money back while retaining a copy of the vB files. However, it is looked into on a case-by-case basis, and I do believe there have been times when customers have been refunded.

As the ImpEx appendix states, the following is imported:
    FUD Forum
    Tier = 2
    Source version support in ImpEx = 2.x
    • Import Usergroup
    • Import User
    • Import Forum
    • Import Thread
    • Import Post
    • Import Smilie
    • Import Poll
    • Import Private Messages
    • Import Moderator
    • Import Attachment
    Which is just about everything. Users will not have to re-register. The only thing they will need to do is change their password before being able to log in after the import.
    Regards,
    Nick

Comment

• ljkfg
      • Mar 2009

That sounds very shaky. I don't know if I can gamble our money like that hoping for some special dispensation or exceptions if the conversion takes a dump.

Perhaps if I could hear about someone who's actually done a Fud conversion...

We would like to use vBulletin.

Comment

• Nick
        • Feb 2008
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ljkfg
        That sounds very shaky. I don't know if I can gamble our money like that hoping for some special dispensation or exceptions if the conversion takes a dump.

Perhaps if I could hear about someone who's actually done a Fud conversion...

We would like to use vBulletin.
        I know another user was asking about converting from FUDFOrum in the past... but I cannot find the thread.

I'll let you know if I find it.

Note that the fact that it is mentioned in the ImpEx Appendix means it is supported, and you would receive full support in the ImpEx forum if you were to purchase a license.

Edit: Here is the guy that asked about importing from FUDForum: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1703313 You may want to PM him and see if he ever did... and find out if it was successful or not.
        Regards,
        Nick

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...