X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumbo-mumbo
    • Dec 2007

some forum not showing

hey there..
    last night i upgraded my forum to vb3.8.1 and i reverted all templates and everything...

but forums that have Thread Prefix are not showing at all.. i get this message there..

Code:
    [B]Warning[/B]: Illegal offset type in [B][path]/forumdisplay.php(111) : eval()'d code[/B] on line [B]20[/B]

[B]Warning[/B]: Illegal offset type in [B][path]/forumdisplay.php(111) : eval()'d code[/B] on line [B]20[/B]

direct link

please someone help me out asap

thanks
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Errors such as this are most often caused by editing files, corrupt files or addons. After an upgrade they can be caused by out of date addons, files or templates. Please follow these steps to diagnose the issue.

Please follow these instructions:

1 - Re-upload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). These files include all files with the extensions of PHP, JS and CSS. Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

If this resolves the issue then you had out of date files.

2 - If that didn't solve the problem, then please disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If this resolves the issue please contact the authors of your addons for updates. If you are using Project Tools or vBulletin Blog make sure to download the most recent version from your Member's Area.

3 - If you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

If this solves the problem then you have out of date templates in your style. If this is a commercial style, contact the vendor for an updated version. If you made your own template modifications use the Find Updated Templates tool to compare the templates in your style with the new vBulletin 3.8.0 Templates and manually make the changes.

If you still have these problems after these steps then please let me know.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jumbo-mumbo
      • Dec 2007

well.... disabling all the mods resolved this problem with creating another one... after disable it... that error was gone... but there was no image showing...

but the thing is.... its just on those forum which have Thread prefix... other than those forums are absolutely fine.... so it has something to do with Thread prefix... what do u say ?

Edited: i got the mod, which was cauing trouble... i disabled it, and asked for new version thanks for your help buddy
      Last edited by jumbo-mumbo; Mon 23 Feb '09, 8:00pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...