• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BozzaJos
    • Jul 2006
    • 3.5.x

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I recently upgraded to vBulletin 3.8 and everything seemed to be working. However, when I visit one specific topic, I get an error. Instead of explaining what the error is, click on the following link instead:

If you don't want to, this is the error message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/*****/domains/********/public_html/includes/functions.php(5721) : eval()'d code on line 150

Could you please help me out what is causing this problem and how to fix it?
    Other topics are working fine but this one just isn't.

Thank you kindly in advance.

Regards,

Bozza
  • Jinovich
    • Feb 2005
    • 3.5.x

If you have root access I would suggest increasing your max_execution_time from 30 to something like 180 in PHP.ini.

If your on shared hosting then you will need to ask your webhost to do so.

Comment

• BozzaJos
      • Jul 2006
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Jinovich
      If you have root access I would suggest increasing your max_execution_time from 30 to something like 180 in PHP.ini.

If your on shared hosting then you will need to ask your webhost to do so.
      Is this really the correct solution to the problem? I ask this because when I am inside the section where the topic is located and I click on another topic, it is loading instantly. But when I click on that specific topic, it keeps loading until it gives to error. Kinda weird don't you think?

Comment

• Jinovich
        • Feb 2005
        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by BozzaJos
        Is this really the correct solution to the problem? I ask this because when I am inside the section where the topic is located and I click on another topic, it is loading instantly. But when I click on that specific topic, it keeps loading until it gives to error. Kinda weird don't you think?

Is it a large thread?

It has happened to me before but under a different error and circumstance, I didn't want to permanently change the parameter that I had it set as in PHP.ini.

So what I did was set the value to a higher number until the error was resolved, then split the thread into two then reduced the parameter value to its original number.

But it isn't weird that it only occurs for one thread as if the thread isn't fully executed within the given time parameter PHP will throw errors at you.

Comment

• mhme
          • Jun 2004
          • 3.8.x

I have this problem too. That is because of an specific post on the thread. CPU Usage of Apache is 100% during loading of that post.(I have a dedicated server and there is only a medium forum on it. By default CPU Usage is under 1%)
          I couldn't find any solution to solve that. So I have deleted that post directly in database and everything is Ok now!
          It seams this is a bug in vB!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...