X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackenizer
    • Dec 2006
    • 3.6.x

Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted

I get this error code when I click on a member name.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 160038 bytes) in /chroot/home/blackeni/blackenize.com/html/forums/member.php(514) : eval()'d code on line 284

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 384 bytes) in /chroot/home/blackeni/blackenize.com/html/forums/includes/functions_newpost.php on line 1792
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This error is from a plugin you've installed. You need to disable each of your plugins then turn one at a time to see which one is causing this.

If you cannot log into the Admin CP then to disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

This will disable all hooks and allow you to log in properly with no hooks running.

Steve Machol, Founder of the OptiBoard Discussion Forums for Eyecare Professionals

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• uberjon
      • Mar 2008

i would like to also suggest the option of requesting your host increase their server PHP memory limit. this would also fix that error. its basically saying:

"a PHP file on this server is limited to 16777216 bytes, you attempted to use 384 bytes more than your limit"

16MB is awfully low.. my host usually keeps his at 128MB (and will up if need be.. (did for me if i recall))

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Increasing the memory_limit might help but the underlying error is due to an add-on.
        Steve Machol, Founder of the OptiBoard Discussion Forums for Eyecare Professionals

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• blackenizer
          • Dec 2006
          • 3.6.x

thank you.

I changed the php.ini file and it resolved the issue.
          Last edited by blackenizer; Wed 17 Dec '08, 8:13pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...