• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nzjo
    • Jul 2006
    • 3.5.x

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted - on line 117

Hi

Just a quick question - I did the upgrade to 3.7.3 patch level one 2 days ago - and since then if you go click on the link that says 'forum leaders' I get this error

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 42 bytes) in /home/contest/public_html/showgroups.php on line 117

Is this something to do with memory size, as in I should contact my webhost manager, or is it an error I can fix in vbulletin? and if so does any one know what I should do to fix it?

Thanks
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Your PHP does not have enough memory allocated to it to complete this operation. Ask your host to increase the 'memory_limit' variable in php.ini to at least 64M.

To temporarily up your limits edit your includes/config.php file and add these lines right under the <?php line:

ini_set('memory_limit', 64 * 1024 * 1024);
    Steve Machol, Founder of the OptiBoard Discussion Forums for Eyecare Professionals

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• nzjo
      • Jul 2006
      • 3.5.x

Awesome thanks heaps for your fast reply Steve

Comment

• nzjo
        • Jul 2006
        • 3.5.x

Hey cool - got the web host to change it and now it's working - but how come when I click on forum leaders it brings up showgroups.php - and shows all the users on my site - not just the top posters - is there something I can do to fix that?

Thanks

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

You need to set this to 'No' for any groups you do not want on that page:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Viewable on Show Groups
          Steve Machol, Founder of the OptiBoard Discussion Forums for Eyecare Professionals

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• nzjo
            • Jul 2006
            • 3.5.x

Oh cool - thanks for that Steve

Comment

• steven s
              • Jul 2004
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Your PHP does not have enough memory allocated to it to complete this operation. Ask your host to increase the 'memory_limit' variable in php.ini to at least 64M.

To temporarily up your limits edit your includes/config.php file and add these lines right under the <?php line:

ini_set('memory_limit', 64 * 1024 * 1024);
              Same problem here.
              Tried the above.

I also tried adding
              php_value memory_limit 64M in my htaccess file.

Viewing my php info
              memory_limit
              local value 67108864
              master value 32M
              ...steven
              www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
              bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
              "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

The showgroups.php page is not ment to show all of the users in the forum, it was designed to show off several groups of staff or important members. It can be a pretty stressing script if too many users and groups are shown on the page.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...