Just about had enough of this!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pooffck
    • Dec 2007

Way Off-Topic Just about had enough of this!!!

<URL removed>

I have reported this community before for giving out things that i brought my self.

and now this, they are giving away a vbulletin spammer.

Communities have been targetted, and i have no idea what to do. All i can say vbulletin is NOT doing anything about it!
  • JakeS
    • Jul 2005

I got to hand it to them though. nice theme

But it will get sorted out. however. this thread will probably be locked and link removed.

Just give it time. Jelly don't have a big red button that takes sites down

Comment

• Greps
      • Feb 2006
      • 3.6.x

/wrist ?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Please do not post URLs to warez sites on our forums. Also they are not licensed so I have reported that site to our Piracy Team.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• pooffck
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Please do not post URLs to warez sites on our forums. Also they are not licensed so I have reported that site to our Piracy Team.
          Sorry for posting there link but this is what they have done

Flooded my forum and alot of other forums aswell

the theme was brought by the orginal maker

vbseo is being given out

mods are being given out IN THE VIP SECTION!

running illegally

credit cards/paypals

vbulletin nulled versions

Comment

• Chazel
            • Nov 2007

There are a number of sites which distribute nulled vesions of vBulletin. There's little Jelsoft can do if the host doesn't cooperate and the servers are located in a country with different copyright laws - such as Russia, Malaysia, etc.

Comment

• Kinneas
              • Jan 2005
              • 3.8.x

You really shouldn't get so worked up about it. Jelsoft can only do so much to stop sites like that. Just report it in the normal manner.

Comment

• copiertalk
                • Oct 2005
                • 3.7.x

I wonder how much Viri they spread with the nulled versions?
                www.Copiertalk.com - Everything Copier , Printer, Fax

Comment

• Mr_Butter
                  • Apr 2005

It's a pain in the ass running vBulletin illegally since if you run into any problems or questions you're pretty much SOL and finding up to date modifications is very very hard as well since you can't download from vbulletin.org like everyone else.

Comment

• Vtec44
                    • Jan 2005
                    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by copiertalk
                    I wonder how much Viri they spread with the nulled versions?
                    Now that's poetic justice.
                    So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

• ac1d1dty
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Mr_Butter
                      It's a pain in the ass running vBulletin illegally since if you run into any problems or questions you're pretty much SOL and finding up to date modifications is very very hard as well since you can't download from vbulletin.org like everyone else.
                      but in all fairness its not hard to get updated. On a forum that I used to go to (no longer a member ), a guy had a license here and would distribute nulled versions as well as have an entire deposit of mods.

Personally I find it a bit rich that Jelsoft requests that you report piracy yet dosent reward those who do in even the smallest way :|

Comment

• Dean C
                        • Mar 2002
                        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by ac1d1dty
                        Personally I find it a bit rich that Jelsoft requests that you report piracy yet dosent reward those who do in even the smallest way :|
                        The police don't often give you money when you report criminals to them, so why should a private business do so.
                        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• ac1d1dty
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Dean C
                          The police don't often give you money when you report criminals to them, so why should a private business do so.
                          ......the police arnt loosing money because of criminals

Just an thought on my side. Im of the opinion that to use vBulletin illegally is wrong because people put work into it.

But a point to consider is this..... If they were never going to buy it, is it still a morally wrong theft? Obviously from a legal point it is ^_^

(btw I have a license )

Comment

• Chousho
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ac1d1dty
                            ......the police arnt loosing money because of criminals

But a point to consider is this..... If they were never going to buy it, is it still a morally wrong theft? Obviously from a legal point it is ^_^
                            I'm sure Jelsoft would be happy to provide you with 50% of the money they receive from shutting down an illegal board. With all of that money, you should make sure to put it into a long-term investment and sit back for your retirement.

Oh wait, they don't get any money for shutting down illegally run boards. Plus they're a company in business to make money. Good luck convincing them, though, lol.

To your other question of if it is morally wrong to steal something you never would have bought.

That statement is more of "they weren't going to make any money off me" rather than the actual "taking something that I don't have a right to take".

Comment

• ac1d1dty
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Chousho
                              I'm sure Jelsoft would be happy to provide you with 50% of the money they receive from shutting down an illegal board. With all of that money, you should make sure to put it into a long-term investment and sit back for your retirement.

Oh wait, they don't get any money for shutting down illegally run boards. Plus they're a company in business to make money. Good luck convincing them, though, lol.

To your other question of if it is morally wrong to steal something you never would have bought.

That statement is more of "they weren't going to make any money off me" rather than the actual "taking something that I don't have a right to take".
                              on a random note, I like your sig quotes. Very true

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...