The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raubin
    • Sep 2007

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

I have been getting this message over and over again, my forum spends more time with this message than actually live:

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

I am not a server person and don't know much about them, is there any way of stopping this from happening it is driving me mad, it is only since the 3.7.0 update.

I have disabled the search and other things that effect performance, need to get to the bottom of this asap - www.spanishrealestateforum.com is the website, it is on a dedicated server, don't know what spec it is but never had problems like this on the old version of vb.

Please help!!!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can request help with Server Optimization in the Server Configuration forum.

What do you have set for the triggering of this message? Its under:
    vBulletin Options -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings & Optimization Options -> *NIX Server Load Limit
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• raubin
      • Sep 2007

I have always left that as 5, I will look in the server forum to see if there is anything that can help, but if you think of anything, please reply here.

I need to get to the bottom of this asap, it is starting to upset people.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

5 may be a little low depending on your server. If you have a dual-core processor than 2 means that your server is at 100% CPU processing for the moment. It can easily go to 5 without seeing any adverse affects. On a quad-core processor, the 100% threshold goes to 4. Here you could even see 8-10 without adverse affects.

On my site, I have this set to 25 actually. Anything less and there is no real adverse affect on the site though some people may see a slight delay in loading.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• pacmanfan
          • Dec 2006
          • 3.6.x

Is there a way to receive an email notice whenever a user gets this message, just like happens whenever the user encounters a database error? It would be really handy for troubleshooting server load issues!

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

No there is no email option for that error.
            Steve Machol, Founder of the OptiBoard Discussion Forums for Eyecare Professionals

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...