X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Computer Guru
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.6.x

Page Load Times Doubled By Upgrading

Upgrading from 3.6.7 to 3.7.1. Everything went fine.

However, requests to show the contents of a forum now take ~.14 seconds verses their original ~.047 second page creation time.

Is this to be expected or is there something wrong?

http://neosmart.net/forums/ - page load times are at the bottom; split into PHP and MySQL.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Computer Guru; Sun 1 Jun '08, 12:06pm.
    NeoSmart Technologies
    http://neosmart.net/forums/
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Seems pretty fast to me:

forumhome:
    Page generated in 0.0351 seconds (78.14% PHP - 21.86% MySQL) with 6 queries

forum:
    Page generated in 0.0808 seconds (82.71% PHP - 17.29% MySQL) with 12 queries

What happens if you remove your add-ons and use a style with the original templates?
    Steve Machol, Founder of the OptiBoard Discussion Forums for Eyecare Professionals

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Computer Guru
      • Nov 2005
      • 3.6.x

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply.

I've figured out the source:
      Logged in users: 18 queries.
      Guests: 12 queries.

There are way too many extra queries per page load for registered members - I cannot recall the number of queries in 3.6.x, but both guests and registered members had the pages load in < 0.1 seconds. Now it won't load for members in under .1x.

It's the same with both the default theme and the custom one. I have no add-ons enabled besides the vbMicroStats one. I'm using the XCache Datastore (and was w/ 3.6.x as well), but reverting to the filesystem cache makes no difference.

Any idea how I can check what's causing the query overhead?
      NeoSmart Technologies

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Remove your ad-ons, reupload the original vB files and create a new style with the default templates. Do you have the same problem?

If so, this is a server issue.
        Steve Machol, Founder of the OptiBoard Discussion Forums for Eyecare Professionals

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Computer Guru
          • Nov 2005
          • 3.6.x

I don't have any add-ons, this is an upgrade of a perfectly-working 3.6.x install. The default vB style is available (and unmodified), and using it makes no difference.

Can you tell me how many queries vB usually issues extra for a logged-in user?

Oh, and it's not a server issue - just take a look at how fast this loads:
          NeoSmart Technologies

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

If you are running the default vB files and templates with no add-ons, then any slowness is a server issue, not a vB one.

Note: It is normal for a logged in user to have more queries than a guest.

Comment

• Computer Guru
              • Nov 2005
              • 3.6.x

I guess 3.7 just takes a tiny bit of time extra here and there then.

Thanks for your help anyway.
              NeoSmart Technologies

Comment

• R1lover
                • Apr 2006
                • 3.8.x

Yes I have noticed that 3.7.1 also has slowed down several forums that I own. Each and every one of them are slower and all have different mods and some with none at all... just plain jane vB with no modifications... It's still slower then before with 3.6.8

Many people have been talking the same. I'm not happy either.
                www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

• R1lover
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 3.8.x

Something I have noticed that I want to see if others do as well....

Is this site www.vbulletin.com slower for everyone then this site running the older version? www.vbulletin.org for me there is night and day in the speed and the same thing I see with the forums of mine that I have not upgraded yet.. they are faster like the .org site.

Can anyone tell me that the 3.7.1 has nothing to do with this?
                  www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

• bderen
                    • Jan 2008

how do I get my forum to show those statistics (load time) at the bottom of every page. Pls help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...