X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Declan2008
    • Nov 2006
    • 3.6.x

Nulled Vb to Licensed Version

Someone on my server is running a nulled version of vbulletin.

Now i have suspended his account and told him that he has to either get a license for it or get kicked of the server. Now that he has a license how do i actually make the forum legal without losing his members or posts.

Thanks
  • antiekeradio
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Declan2008
    Someone on my server is running a nulled version of vbulletin.

Now i have suspended his account and told him that he has to either get a license for it or get kicked of the server. Now that he has a license how do i actually make the forum legal without losing his members or posts.

Thanks
    if the user has a valid license, and adds the URL of the installation to the members' area; it will be OK for Jelsoft.

If you (or he) wants every script to contain his license number, etc, he could download the package from the members area (same version as he is running now); and replace all non-image files with the ones from the UPLOAD dir in the package.

keep config.php, the image files, and the database.

this way the scripts are clean + you don't need to fiddle with updates or anything.

Greetings Wouter

Comment

• nexialys
      • May 2004
      • 1.1.x

the person who got the license is the one to update his site... i don't see why you ask support about that... this is more suspicious than the nulled license itself... webmasters are not the ones to deal with licenses.

there is a HowTo in the Members area of vbulletin.com for the nulled => licensed...
      oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• Declan2008
        • Nov 2006
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by nexialys
        the person who got the license is the one to update his site... i don't see why you ask support about that... this is more suspicious than the nulled license itself... webmasters are not the ones to deal with licenses.

there is a HowTo in the Members area of vbulletin.com for the nulled => licensed...
        I ask support about it because i need support with it. It gets done quicker this way and less hassle for me. Nothing suspicious about that now is there

Thanks for the howto

@antiekeradio

I have passed this information on and thanks for your help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...