X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slinky
    • Mar 2001
    • 1.1.x

Upgrade Errors: Bookmarks, JS

I upgraded a copy of 3.6.7 to the most recent beta. I've reverted all the templates just to make sure but notice that, even with the default template, I'm getting errors:

(1) Social Bookmarks do not show. Yes, I went into the admin panel and turned them on and off. They do not appear in any template. I'm wondering if there is a way to check that these items actually made it into the default template. Tags did.

(2) Javascript Error in IE:

Line 777
    Char 2
    Error: VBulletin is undefined
    Code: 0
    URL: (Url of the thread)

When I'm logged in the Line error is 991.

I'm guessing that since this error only appears in the thread then this might be related to the social bookmarking issue.
    Last edited by slinky; Sun 16 Mar '08, 4:59pm.
    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Did you revert your custom templates?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• slinky
      • Mar 2001
      • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Did you revert your custom templates?
      Thanks Steve - yes, but that didn't solve the javascript error problem. Decided to import something and start from scratch and got rid of the javascript error. Now it almost looks right but the social bookmarks won't function anywhere and in any template - I'm not the only one with this problem. I've detailed it more completely here:

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

That error is still from a modification.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• slinky
          • Mar 2001
          • 1.1.x

Steve -

Thanks for the reply. The install I performed was a fresh install of what I downloaded into a separate directory. What should I expect from running "suspect file versions" since I yielded no discernible results? I ended up with the below I hope pastes in and just a scan report that it looked through files.

I'll try the disable hooks but there weren't plugins to start and creating a new template from scratch didn't help either. I'm running php5 and am on a 64 bit Linux OS which I'm guessing wouldn't make a difference. I'll disable the hooks anyways as you suggest, and reupload using a different client and see whether any of this will matter. I've never had a problem with WinSCP although cuteftp did have it's corruption issues. But I doubt it's that either because the templates are reading fine... <sigh>... the joy of finding the answers...

Scanned 56 files
          ./
          Scanned 3 files
          ./archive
          Scanned 45 files
          ./clientscript
          Scanned 4 files
          ./clientscript/yui
          Scanned 2 files
          ./clientscript/yui/connection
          Scanned 2 files
          ./clientscript/yui/yahoo-dom-event
          Scanned 56 files
          ./control
          Scanned 2 files
          ./images/regimage/fonts
          Scanned 125 files
          ./includes
          Scanned 18 files
          ./includes/cron
          Scanned 8 files
          ./includes/paymentapi
          Scanned 7 files
          ./includes/xml

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

That looks fine. You need to follow the rest of my suggestions.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...