[pw change] Just received this email from vBulletin...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Creepshow
    • May 2005
    • 3.5.x

[pw change] Just received this email from vBulletin...

Customer,
    As part of a general review of our operations, and in line with security best practices, a new password has been generated for your vBulletin customer account.
    Your new password is:
    You will need to make a note of this password, as it is your key to access the vBulletin Members' Area, where you can download vBulletin products and submit support tickets.
    Your customer number has not changed, and this does not affect any accounts you may have registered on any vBulletin forums.
    Please note that you will also need to provide a new security question and answer on your first log-in.
    The vBulletin Members' Area can be found here:
    http://members.vbulletin.com

...just wondering why this step has been taken by vBulletin?
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

It says exactly at the top of the mail why.

As part of a general review of our operations, and in line with security best practices

Comment

• Creepshow
      • May 2005
      • 3.5.x

Yes I know, I just wondered if you might be able to elaborate, that's all.
      "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• MrNase
        • Jun 2003
        • 3.8.x

The SMTP Server that was used when I got the '"vBulletin Announcements" update' is [email protected]
        That's the end of that!

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by MrNase
          The SMTP Server that was used when I got the '"vBulletin Announcements" update' is [email protected]
          And?

Comment

• Mazinger
            • Jul 2005
            • 3.7.x

What's the hell????

Now I can't access members' area nor that damn email.
            $post[signature]

Comment

• Freezerator
              • May 2002
              • 3.6.x

I agree, this is quitte strange and first i thougt there was somekind of security breach that caused this?
              Dutch vBullletin users social group!

Comment

• Mazinger
                • Jul 2005
                • 3.7.x

Ok, I've some feeling that I lost the 5 owned licenses in my accounts.

I think you guys should be thinking of license holders that the licenses are attached to emails they can't access, and which you said after 90 days when they requested changing these emails.
                $post[signature]

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

We require our customers to use a valid and active email account. It is the responsibility of the owner of the customer account to keep it up to date.

Comment

• Mazinger
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 3.7.x

I understand, but since we failed to purchase the licenses ourselves (the reason of PayPal and MetaCharge), we asked a hosting company to buy them for us, they bought them with emails @ that company. When we asked changing these emails in the members area, the answer was to wait 90 days. Unfortunatelly, we don't remember these emails and we don't think this hosting company will remember either.

Thanks god, at least the URLs are attached to these licenses.
                    $post[signature]

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

That's an issue between you and that hosting company who's reselling vBulletin. (Note we do not have a reseller program)

Contact their department to get the details you require.

Comment

• Mazinger
                        • Jul 2005
                        • 3.7.x

Is there anyway else to prove my authorication to the license and get my new password on a new email or a support ticket?

Meaning, I can provie you with old login details, number of licenses, urls attached to them... someway for 'well-established membes here' to prove their authorication to the licensed.
                        $post[signature]

Comment

• loonytune15
                          • Apr 2003
                          • 3.6.x

In regards to this new password being sent via email, I have also run into a similiar problem as above.

The owner of the licensce died last year and we were able to renew it but dont have access to the email address the password was sent to and due to the insensitivity shown here in regards to requiring a death certificate to change the licensce to another person, we now have no way of updating our Vbulletin.

What can we now do?
                          Website - http://www.gamerskingdom.net/Buttons/gkf10.png

Comment

• Floris
                            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Mazinger
                            Is there anyway else to prove my authorication to the license and get my new password on a new email or a support ticket?

Meaning, I can provie you with old login details, number of licenses, urls attached to them... someway for 'well-established membes here' to prove their authorication to the licensed.
                            Being a known user on the community won't be a reason to bypass our security. Any known member can claim a license then.

You have to start a ticket requesting to change the email on the other customer account.

Also, if you have multiple licenses you can best put them in your one customer account and make sure the email is up to date and working.

Comment

• Floris
                              • Dec 2001

Originally posted by loonytune15
                              In regards to this new password being sent via email, I have also run into a similiar problem as above.

The owner of the licensce died last year and we were able to renew it but dont have access to the email address the password was sent to and due to the insensitivity shown here in regards to requiring a death certificate to change the licensce to another person, we now have no way of updating our Vbulletin.

What can we now do?
                              If I am not reading this wrong, in a ticket it seems you might have access to that email. But anyway, you're best of starting a private support ticket so we can deal with it that way.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...