The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • epctechno
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.8.x

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least..

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least

This is what I am getting when submitting new threads, replies and etc... Nothing in my header_include or header files of JavaScript and etc... Also, all plugins are disabled, anyone found a cure for this yet?

Edited:

Found the problem or conflict

Code:
     <script type="text/javascript">

var SESSIONURL = "$session[sessionurl_js]";
    var IMGDIR_MISC = "$stylevar[imgdir_misc]";
    var vb_disable_ajax = parseInt("$vboptions[disable_ajax]", 10);
    // -->
    and

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_global.js?v=$vboptions[simpleversion]"></script>
    <if condition="$show['popups']"><script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_menu.js?v=$vboptions[simpleversion]"></script></if>
    <if condition="$vboptions['externalrss']">
    <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="$vboptions[bbtitle] RSS Feed" href="external.php?type=RSS2" />
    <if condition="$show['foruminfo'] OR $show['threadinfo']">
    <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="$vboptions[bbtitle] - $foruminfo[title_clean] - RSS Feed" href="external.php?type=RSS2&amp;forumids=$foruminfo[forumid]" />
    </if>
    </if>
    Hope this helps more out if needed, also hoping that the developers see this thread to ensure that this works with custom templates due to the fact this is a slight problem that I noticed a lot of others have faced...
    Last edited by epctechno; Fri 8 Feb '08, 5:42pm.
    Where does it end?

• Onimua
    • Apr 2005

There's no need to do this since it's a setting:

Admin CP > vBulletin Options > Messaging Posting and Editing Options > Maximum Characters Per Post
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• seangworld
      • Jan 2002
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Onimua
      There's no need to do this since it's a setting:

Admin CP > vBulletin Options > Messaging Posting and Editing Options > Maximum Characters Per Post
      \

actually, i had that same problem. the script is ignoring the settings.
      sigpic

Comment

• Onimua
        • Apr 2005

Then it should be reported in the bug tracker.
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• seangworld
          • Jan 2002
          • 3.7.x

i believe it was, and i ended up deleting the style (which was working fine for over a month) and it started working again.

NOW, my problem is i can add a child style, or another parent style, and i cant use it. it refuses to show up.
          sigpic

Comment

• Nikke
            • Nov 2005
            • 3.5.x

I'm experiencing the same problem. Anyway to fix it? It's only happening when trying to use the quick reply in the blog!

Comment

• seangworld
              • Jan 2002
              • 3.7.x

well nobody wants to admit there's a problem, as far as staff goes, simply because they cannot duplicate.

delete the style and reimport it or another one. you will be up and running again, even tho it's only a few weeks, it's better than waiting for someone here to help.
              sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...