How do I let users upload Avatars via HTTP Link? Im getting an error plz help !!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stashhh
    • Dec 2006

How do I let users upload Avatars via HTTP Link? Im getting an error plz help !!

Note : I'm on VPS with root access/php.ini access.

I get this error when entering a URL to upload

Warning: tempnam() [function.tempnam]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/rule17o:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /includes/class_upload.php on line 346

vBulletin Message Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file.

In server settings/optimizations the set temp directory is ./tmp I dono wht it was first because i was trying out " tmp , /tmp , ./tmp " I also chmoded it to 777 the tmp in the forum directory and even created one in the public_html and chmoded it, no luck errors keep coming. I have to solve it ASAP please.!

PS : Only a few known products are installed none of that lowgrade stuff
    PSS : VB license is legal and the installation is recent and fresh 3.6.8
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

You can try this, if it help any.

Comment

• Stashhh
      • Dec 2006

Didn't work. I have root access like I mentioned. In VB AdminCP I set my directory to TMP as mentioned " /tmp " but still i get those error, I went into my server to edit the PHP Configurations, the session.save_path is set to Default which according to it is

Code:
               session.save_path defines the argument which is passed to the save handler. If you choose the default files handler, this is the path where the files are created. Defaults to /tmp.
      So it is already set to that, and the directory is CHModed to 777 and my server isn't in safe mode. Any help ?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

the vB setting should be a local path within the allowed open_basedir setting.

eg: /home/mywebsitename/tmp

Comment

• Stashhh
          • Dec 2006

Yes that already exists, I also created one in the VB root called TMP both directories in server root and forum root are chmoded to 777

Zach, I have allowed the display of phpinfo . link is http://www [.] rule17 [.] org tell me if something isnt set correctly still please.

Comment

• Stashhh
            • Dec 2006

upping for help

Comment

• Stashhh
              • Dec 2006

up one more time

Comment

• Ral.ly
                • May 2007

Originally posted by Stashhh
                up one more time
                Having the exact same problem here. Any help?

J

Comment

• Stashhh
                  • Dec 2006

still no help ?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    Former Customer Support Manager
                    • Jul 2000

Enable phpinfo in the Admin CP, then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Public phpinfo() Display Enabled
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

Enable phpinfo in the Admin CP, then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Public phpinfo() Display Enabled
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Stashhh
                        still no help ?
                        You can always get support though here if it can not be resolve though this forum.
                        Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Fri 1 Feb '08, 9:49am. Reason: Site Unavailable.....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...