X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • attroll
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.2.X

datastore_cache.php

I am having some issue with datastore_cache.php.

If I make it CHMOD 777. It changes back to 644 by itself. What do I need to do to stop this from happening?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

That is a server issue. Nothing in vB could change file permissions on the server. You will need to contact your host about this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• attroll
      • Jan 2003
      • 4.2.X

I was just hoping for some advice that was all.

I have set the ownership of the folder and that file to me and when I change it to 777 it stays until I access my admincp. Then once the forum software caches to the databasestore_cache.php it changes back to 644 and then it no longer lets me change the permissions anymore. It reverts back to nobody:nobody. I can not see why the server would do that when I set the permission through the server and then then when VB access the file it reverts back?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Honestly I have no idea what would cause the server to change the file permissions like that.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• attroll
          • Jan 2003
          • 4.2.X

Thank you. I don't either. The only thing that I did was upgrade to PHP 5 the other day. So I am thinking this is when it started. I am still looking though. Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...