• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheExpatDirector
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.6.x

Drop down menu mod for style selection

Hi,
    I am currently working on a mod to provide a drop down menu with selectable image previews for each style used within a forum.

You can see an example here but its early days.

Click on Skin chooser (okay, its a bad name. I'm still working on it)
    a drown down menu displays with an image of each skin, click to change colour.

The problem I have is that whenver you choose a new skin you are automatically sent back to the home page (because of the link I'm using i.e http://forum.congregatio.co.uk/index.php?styleid=1)

This means that if a user changes colour scheme while browsing a thread they get thrown to the home page.

Does anyone know the link that I should use rather than the direct http???

the mod is based on a script from dynamic drive. Once I get it working, I will get approval from them and post onto vb.org.

Any help would be appriciated.

Please note that I have also added this post on vb.org to increase feedback. Please check the post there as well if you are looking for more info etc.
    Last edited by TheExpatDirector; Sun 16 Dec '07, 1:59pm.
    TED
    The Expat Directory
    Free Business Webs
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

This PHP variable contains the current script name:

$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]

For example, on this page:

That variable would parse to:

/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119

Comment

• TheExpatDirector
      • Sep 2007
      • 3.6.x

Thanks for the quick response.
      Ok,
      but how do I direct toward one of the other variables? I am looking to rollout the mod so that the user will only have to add a variable number i.e simply apending the skin number onto the end of a string.

At the moment I am using a straight hyperlink run of the image - my thought being that this makes it easier to manipulate for the end user.

I may have to look at this a little deeper...
      TED
      The Expat Directory
      Free Business Webs

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by TheExpatDirector
        but how do I direct toward one of the other variables?
        That requires modifying your code to make use of that variable. I can't help with that part. For help with custom code you can post on www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• TheExpatDirector
          • Sep 2007
          • 3.6.x

Thanks jake,
          I am looking at this from a couple of angles os hope to have a viable solution soon.
          Thanks for the support, good look with 3.7 lloking forward to the gold release

I will see what info comes out of vb.org. Thanks and have a good christmas.
          TED
          The Expat Directory
          Free Business Webs

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...