Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davide101
    • Feb 2006

3.7 and PhotoPost

Jerry, I'm sure you'll get a flood of inquiries about 3.7, so I'll get mine at the top of the stack. Do you think it would be feasible to write an import to pull from PhotoPost into the vBulletin Profile Pictures/faux-gallery section?

In my forum, like many others, the gallery is really just a place to post personal photos. It would be great to get rid of it. Thanks!
    David Edelman
    Diabetes DailyDiabetes Forumtwitter.com/davidtalkdavidedelman.com
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

I will most defiantly look at it and do what I can to import them. Best thing to do as always is start a support ticket and ask for me and I'll have a look at what can be done.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Alfa1
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.8.x

An import script will be something that many customers want. Please announce it when this is available. If you want I can open a ticket as well, but I am afraid that the amount of tickets requesting this will be massive.
      I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

The social albums isn't the same as full fledged gallery script.

Comment

• davide101
          • Feb 2006

Floris, I read your comment earlier. For our particular purposes, I don't really need a gallery script. I simply wanted a way for people to post pictures about themselves to share with the forum. It would be nice if they could post the picture within a thread, but I'd even be willing to do away with that to get a hack off of the board. You're adding so many features that we've hacked that future upgrades will be much easier. I'm a very happy camper today.
          David Edelman

Comment

• Booth
            • Jan 2005
            • 4.2.X

I'm in the same boat but would preferable want to import in from Photopost Vbgallery NOT normal Photopost.

For those that don't know Photopost VBgallery used to be called VBadvanced Gallery. Now Photopost sell Photopost AND Photopost VBGallery - but they are both different scripts.
            Pleased Sheep Films - Independent Filmmakers
            Blackburn Web - an online community for Blackburn in Lancashire (thanks to Mark B for the tips)

Comment

• amnesia623
              • Jul 2006

So what are the differences between the 3.7 image gallery and the photopost gallery?

I have photopost, why should I updae my photopost license with the photo feature from vb?

Not trying to be a smart***, just curious

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

The Album option in 3.7 is not intended to function as a full gallery and have the same features as PhotoPost.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jerry
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  The Album option in 3.7 is not intended to function as a full gallery and have the same features as PhotoPost.
                  As Steve said they are different, the 3.7 Album isn't a vBulletin Gallery.

Though if there is a suitable overlap between what a customer is using a 3rd party product for and functionality that vBulletin develops then it will be looked at to see if it can be done, and when products and/or new functionality arrives in the future I'll look at that then
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• davide101
                    • Feb 2006

That sounds good. Just add an easy way for users to post their album photos in a thread and call it quits. I think that would be sufficient for a LOT of the userbase and should be straightforward to implement. Thanks for listening!
                    David Edelman

Comment

• legar
                      • Mar 2006

i would like an importer aswell if possible, because at the moment they just use the albums to post pics of themselves etc, not as a galleryscripts.

so the vb album options are better, but i have thousands of pics and comments wich will go lost then ;(

Comment

• slavetothename
                        • Jan 2004

I could do with an importer too. vBGallery has a "user album" feature, but it's very removed from the user. I want to import that category only into albums, and continue using vBGallery as a gallery.

Should I open a ticket, or await 3.7 gold?
                        www.dragonninja.co.uk - Wales' number one underground rock resource.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...