Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • verbs
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by MsJacquiiC
    more than $200 to buy BOTM o_O = whatever....
    Thanx JOSE - I've actually spent many many many hours of work on the JPiC style. And it just behooves me to think that someone who hasn't worked nearly as hard as I can possibly..... Ah - just forget about it.
    Wow, just wow.
    Last edited by verbs; Fri 9 Nov '07, 1:13pm.

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
      • Nov 2006
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by verbs
      Wow, just wow.
      Ah shyt! Whatever - You know YAWL think the same thing!
      Anyway- get over it - What's said is said :P AND I never ever claimed, nor feigned having any class LOL - but my JPiC style sure as hell does!

Jacquii.

"Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

Comment

• verbs
        • Jan 2007

No, not really.

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
          • Nov 2006
          • 3.8.x

so where is your forum so that I may see how much "class" you have?

Jacquii.

"Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

Comment

• FreshFroot_
            • Jul 2005
            • 3.8.x

Anyway- get over it - What's said is said :P AND I never ever claimed, nor feigned having any class LOL - but my JPiC style sure as hell does!

Jacquii.
            Jac, that's why I've left this area of the forum.. after the last contest.

I realized I don't need votes from a practically dead GFX forum on vB, to tell me HOW good/bad my forum is at the moment. My members are what matters, if they like it, then I don't care what others here think. If my members don't like the style, they will let out staff know why.

The main thing about this contest is, don't let it get to you. Win or lose... this contest is BS really.. it doesn't mean your forum is any better or any worse. The REAL people, who will tell you are your members.

These contests here on vBcom and vBorg are as you stated way back, basically a popularity contest, especially at vborg.

Anyways, I thought I'd jump in this thread.

BTW, good job Jac, on your forum. It takes a lot of work and not everyone can/or will realize that these days.

EDIT: as for the $200 comment, I guess if they win, the award should really go to the skin creator, I haven't checked to see who made it, but they deserve the award. I don't have a issue of anyone buying a skin and placing it, but that's kind of taking credit for someone else's work, though! they did pay for it, which some what evens it out. I don't have a major issues with it, but their skin does look nice too.
            Last edited by FreshFroot_; Mon 12 Nov '07, 1:20pm.

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
              • Nov 2006
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by FreshFroot_
              Jac, that's why I've left this area of the forum.. after the last contest.

I realized I don't need votes from a practically dead GFX forum on vB, to tell me HOW good/bad my forum is at the moment. My members are what matters, if they like it, then I don't care what others here think. If my members don't like the style, they will let out staff know why.

The main thing about this contest is, don't let it get to you. Win or lose... this contest is BS really.. it doesn't mean your forum is any better or any worse. The REAL people, who will tell you are your members.

These contests here on vBcom and vBorg are as you stated way back, basically a popularity contest, especially at vborg.

Anyways, I thought I'd jump in this thread.

BTW, good job Jac, on your forum. It takes a lot of work and not everyone can/or will realize that these days.

EDIT: as for the $200 comment, I guess if they win, the award should really go to the skin creator, I haven't checked to see who made it, but they deserve the award. I don't have a issue of anyone buying a skin and placing it, but that's kind of taking credit for someone else's work, though! they did pay for it, which some what evens it out. I don't have a major issues with it, but their skin does look nice too.
              Ah - The good ole "Popularity Contest" LOL - But I must admit - it surely would be a nice feeling to get recognized by Forum Administrators of the most popular (and best) forum software available - That's the only reason I entered the contest actually - And yes - I stopped participating in the vB.org contest a long time ago after the April contest when http://www.vbcoderz.com won with 91 votes - I'm like PUHLEASE....

Anyway - I suppose I can admit to being a bit of a BYTCH in this thread, as it just behooves me to think BOTM stands for absolutely nothing (well that is until I win it :P )

And yes! I can certainly appreciate a good skin AND obesitydiscussion.com does indeed have a FANTABULOUS look - I suppose there might be even a tinge of jealousy on my part...

At anyrate - I thank you for your comments in this thread... I think with more people chiming in and casting their votes in the vB.com BOTM competition threads - there could possibly be a fair level of excellent sites chosen for the prestigious award - And make no mistake about it - BOTM to me means prestigious, one-of-a-kind, meticulous display of community, really all the things that goes into producing a FABULOUS online Community... I think several months back there was actually a BOTM winner that didn't even have 20 Members and to this very day hasn't even over 400 posts (http://www.spacebuffs.com/discussion) - That seems ridiculous to me - anyway....

I suppose my *****ing has to do with bringing back (if there even ever was) the integrity a Board of the Month competition SHOULD have....

Jacquii.

Comment

• Comtech
                Banned
                • Nov 2004
                • 3.6.x

Just seems like a bit of home truth IMO...
                A childish response is more like it.

What is your home truth? Where I come from (TN also) the truth never changes and doesn't reflect one person's own personal biased views. The truth is always the truth and that never changes.

You appear to be upset because you are losing and can't fathom that somebody else who spent money on their forum design could or should beat your community. This BOTM is about design, that is why it is located in the Graphics and Styles section.

Design is the #1 factor of winning BOTM.

Comment

• Comtech
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by FreshFroot_

These contests are here to pay tribute to those communities that have taken the time, effort and yes even hard earned money (if a person chooses), to create the best looking style for vBulletin on a monthly basis. The best of the best when it comes to the design of vBulletin. Content matters very little in this contest, again it is located in the Graphics and Styles section of vBulletin - that alone should give everybody a hint as to what is the main factor to winning BOTM.

It isn't a popularity deal at all.
                  No more than an Art museum that displays only the finest works of Art.

If a person decides to spend upwards of $1,000 for a unique design then their community deserves to win BOTM and most likely will win it - if they are entered into it. That doesn't mean the other communities are worthless, and it doesn't mean the hard work of the administrators who decide to actually take the time to skin their own forum has been made in vain.

It simply means the best of the best wins.

Don't take it so personal.

Comment

• Floris
                    • Dec 2001

To be honest, this discussion thread is about this months competition, not if you like or not like the contest. Feel free to use the site feedback forum, or contact scott with a private msg. So the staff can review the feedback internally. The current discussion in here just ruins it for the rest.

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Discussions
                      A childish response is more like it.

Design is the #1 factor of winning BOTM.
                      1st..... Oh PA!
                      2nd..... Why then is it not simply called BDOTM (Best Design Of The Month)

Simply put (AND YES! Home truth...) You're wrong!

Jacquii.

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 3.8.x

Now after actually reading contents of the BOTM Nomination & Voting Guidelines...
                        Looking at 6. A good board is based on whatever makes you happy. AND 2. The person voting may judge a board on his or her own personal criteria. So what makes a board worth voting for, is up to each individual voter. Comments as to why or why not a person votes for a board are welcome as long as the comments are constructive in nature. ---- There may be some validation for DISCUSSION's UGH!

Moving on.... I will definitely take into consideration FLORIS' comment and: If you have any more opinions/ ideas for other guidelines or opinions on these guidelines, please feel free to post them. --- by creating a thread with better ideas - so that the BOTM in fact CAN be about "the best of the best wins."

Jacquii.

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
                          • Nov 2006
                          • 3.8.x

Comment

• R1lover
                            • Apr 2006
                            • 3.8.x

You guys need to move on... you have spoiled this contest with your complaining and bickering back and forth.
                            www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

• FreshFroot_
                              • Jul 2005
                              • 3.8.x

These contests are here to pay tribute to those communities that have taken the time, effort and yes even hard earned money (if a person chooses), to create the best looking style for vBulletin on a monthly basis. The best of the best when it comes to the design of vBulletin. Content matters very little in this contest, again it is located in the Graphics and Styles section of vBulletin - that alone should give everybody a hint as to what is the main factor to winning BOTM.

It isn't a popularity deal at all.
                              No more than an Art museum that displays only the finest works of Art.

If a person decides to spend upwards of $1,000 for a unique design then their community deserves to win BOTM and most likely will win it - if they are entered into it. That doesn't mean the other communities are worthless, and it doesn't mean the hard work of the administrators who decide to actually take the time to skin their own forum has been made in vain.

Don't take it so personal.
                              As I stated, I don't really care and have moved on, BUT I agree others work hasn't gone in vain. It doesn't matter what another community thinks of any forums, as long as it's members are happy with thing. So "personally" I don't really give a damn about the opinions here. People here that are voting are NOT members on the forum, therefore their opinions mean nothing. If the members of a forum have issues, they will express them THERE.

Originally posted by R1lover
                              You guys need to move on... you have spoiled this contest with your complaining and bickering back and forth.
                              I've already moved on.. read my post again, before you make a comment next time.

Comment

• FreshFroot_
                                • Jul 2005
                                • 3.8.x

Ah - The good ole "Popularity Contest" LOL - But I must admit - it surely would be a nice feeling to get recognized by Forum Administrators of the most popular (and best) forum software available - That's the only reason I entered the contest actually - And yes - I stopped participating in the vB.org contest a long time ago after the April contest when http://www.vbcoderz.com won with 91 votes - I'm like PUHLEASE....

Anyway - I suppose I can admit to being a bit of a BYTCH in this thread, as it just behooves me to think BOTM stands for absolutely nothing (well that is until I win it :P )

And yes! I can certainly appreciate a good skin AND obesitydiscussion.com does indeed have a FANTABULOUS look - I suppose there might be even a tinge of jealousy on my part...

At anyrate - I thank you for your comments in this thread... I think with more people chiming in and casting their votes in the vB.com BOTM competition threads - there could possibly be a fair level of excellent sites chosen for the prestigious award - And make no mistake about it - BOTM to me means prestigious, one-of-a-kind, meticulous display of community, really all the things that goes into producing a FABULOUS online Community... I think several months back there was actually a BOTM winner that didn't even have 20 Members and to this very day hasn't even over 400 posts (http://www.spacebuffs.com/discussion) - That seems ridiculous to me - anyway....

I suppose my *****ing has to do with bringing back (if there even ever was) the integrity a Board of the Month competition SHOULD have....

Jacquii.
                                recognized? who cares? unless these forums admins are going to register, why does it matter? As long as YOU like the forum and YOUR MEMBERS like the forum, who cares about an award? and anyways, the vB gfx area is practically dead, no one votes here anymore.

Like I said... I don't need random people, who don't visit my forum to opinionize my forum. I think you should take it the same way, if your members like it, then that's the main part.

BTW, I wouldn't say vB is the BEST or most popular software, but it's ONE of the best ones. I'm really liking IPB lately, especially with their newer addons out.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...