X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kira
    • Aug 2002

Well, I'll start things off.

The EpiGuide began in 1999, the first community devoted to original, web-based entertainment, in particular ongoing series / websoaps. We currently consist mostly of creative types who produce these small series and the audience that appreciates this new form of entertainment. Our contributors highlight interesting plotlines & characters, as well as writing behind-the-scenes production help (such as how to write more effectively, webhosting reviews, etc.).

Our vB layout and setup are highly customized, created by me with a great deal of support from the vB experts here and at vb.org. For example:
    • Layout of the forumbits on forumhome; very different from the ordinary. I wanted something much less traditional;
    • Completely revamped navbar that uses a different dropdown script altogether;
    • Custom statusicons for each forum;
    • Sidebar that pulls content from our directory (the wonderful "Links & Downloads Manager" from vb.org's AndrewD), chat room stats, latest threads, etc.;
    • User profiles with a heavily tweaked version of MEMBERINFO;
    • Rearranged postbit;
    • Individually styled user blogs courtesy of the excellent vblogetin;
    • Tons more vb.org mods including urnal, FlashChat (thanks to Paul's awesome integration), quizzes, the abovementioned directory (with a highly customized linkbit), vbPlaza, welcome headers, thread prefixes, personalized stickies, and more! All of which have been tweaked a bit to maintain the theme throughout.
    The link is: http://www.epiguide.com. Many thanks for your consideration!
    Last edited by kira; Tue 17 Jul '07, 11:12pm.
    Kira

EpiGuide: Web Entertainment Forums - vB Board of the Month, Aug 2007
    About Schuyler Falls, an Original Drama | Falling Sky Designs

Comment

• smackLAN
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by kiwilerner
      Definatley seconded!
      RazorThemes ~ Cutting Edge Designs

Comment

• hollyboy
        • Mar 2004

I vote for www.interfans.org great community about the italian soccer winner of last season

Comment

• simsim
          • Nov 2005
          • 3.6.x

The EpiGuide began in 1999, the first community devoted to original, web-based entertainment, in particular ongoing series / websoaps. We currently consist mostly of creative types who produce these small series and the audience that appreciates this new form of entertainment. Our contributors highlight interesting plotlines & characters, as well as writing behind-the-scenes production help (such as how to write more effectively, webhosting reviews, etc.).
          Thirded wholeheartedly!

Originally posted by hollyboy
          I vote for www.interfans.org great community about the italian soccer winner of last season
          Wrong thread or you're nominating it?
          You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

• jeffinj
            • Apr 2006

Is it possible to apply for again and again and again and again and again and again and again..... till you win or just give up?

If yes, then here's my site again: <url taken off - will enter it another time, sorry.>
            Last edited by jeffinj; Mon 23 Jul '07, 3:16pm.
            www.christianforumsite.com
            sigpic

Comment

• Lizard King
              Banned
              • Mar 2004
              • 3.6.x

Our vB layout and setup are highly customized, created by me with a great deal of support from the vB experts here and at vb.org. For example:
              • Layout of the forumbits on forumhome; very different from the ordinary. I wanted something much less traditional;
              • Sidebar that pulls content from our directory (the wonderful "Links & Downloads Manager" from vb.org's AndrewD), chat room stats, latest threads, etc.;
              • Rearranged postbit;
              • Tons more vb.org mods including urnal, FlashChat (thanks to Paul's awesome integration), quizzes, the abovementioned directory (with a highly customized linkbit), vbPlaza, welcome headers, thread prefixes, personalized stickies, and more! All of which have been tweaked a bit to maintain the theme throughout.
              I second

Comment

• hollyboy
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by simsim

Wrong thread or you're nominating it?
                nominating

Comment

• bmc
                  • Apr 2005

• Rearranged postbit;
                  A definite nomination from me!
                  The Relationship Forum
                  The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

• kira
                    • Aug 2002

Thanks for the seconds, everyone! That's very encouraging to our community.

Still, where are all the other nominations? Seems odd that things are so slow this month, especially when the vbulletin.org BOTM thread is pretty active.

Meantime, I'll second www.interfans.org.
                    Kira

EpiGuide: Web Entertainment Forums - vB Board of the Month, Aug 2007
                    About Schuyler Falls, an Original Drama | Falling Sky Designs

Comment

• Ohiosweetheart
                      • Dec 2005
                      • 3.8.x

Thanks for the seconds, everyone! That's very encouraging to our community.

Still, where are all the other nominations? Seems odd that things are so slow this month, especially when the vbulletin.org BOTM thread is pretty active.

Meantime, I'll second www.interfans.org.
                      It's always slow compared to vb.org, kiwi. Board of the Year only got 72 participants. That's real sad.

One of the problems on this site for BOTM is that it's buried down here in the Styles & graphics forum.
                      On vb.org, then have a forum just for BOTM and mod of the month, near the top of the board, where people can SEE it.

Makes a big difference
                      Last edited by Ohiosweetheart; Mon 23 Jul '07, 3:15pm.
                      Peggy
                      ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• Ohiosweetheart
                        • Dec 2005
                        • 3.8.x

I nominate Eagle Graphix.

Chris is an excellent graphics designer, and this forum is a goldmine for learning about all the different graphics resources and software. EG has logo contests, tutorials, and lots of fun members. The forum is slow right now, due to summer, I'm sure. But when it's busy, it's busy!
                        Peggy
                        ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• Mike54
                          • Feb 2005
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Ohiosweetheart
                          I will second this nomination.

Comment

• joeychgo
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ohiosweetheart

Chris is an excellent graphics designer, and this forum is a goldmine for learning about all the different graphics resources and software. EG has logo contests, tutorials, and lots of fun members. The forum is slow right now, due to summer, I'm sure. But when it's busy, it's busy!

Ill third Eagle Graphix
                            Building my Automotive Forum Network...
                            Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum - Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum

Comment

• Stilgar
                              • Feb 2006
                              • 4.0.x

VMKLand

It may be a little early for me to be nominating my forum. I hope not.

I nominate VMKLand

VMKLand is a fan site for Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK). An online game site that allows players to immerse themselves in a virtual version of Disney's theme parks. VMKLand officially opened in May 2006. It had steadily grown to over 800 Members in the course of a year. This is quite a feat since talking about web sites is prohibited within the VMK game itself. VMKLand is dedicated to providing up to date information on the current events within VMK. Our Staff is comprised of both adults and "target audience" aged peers. Since VMK has a target audience of 8-14, VMKLand strives to provide a safe and friendly environment for its Members.

We have many modifications that utilize items and prizes that are based on actual VMK items. We always have some fun events running at all times, to keep our members entertained.
                              • Weekly and Monthly Events
                              • Awards and Prizes
                              • Game based icons and items throughout the site
                              • Seven user selected Themes based on the game and one special theme for adult members
                              • Arcade and Image Gallery
                              • Many small mods and add-ons for our Member's enjoyment
                              • Several mods and add-ons to make our Staff Member's jobs easier
                              In the eternal words of Walt Disney, we are always moving forward.

Thank you for taking the time to visit VMKLand and for your consideration in this event.
                              Last edited by Stilgar; Sun 29 Jul '07, 9:22pm. Reason: spelling... :D
                              James

Comment

• projectego
                                • Feb 2006
                                • 3.5.x

I'd like to nominate the Fable Forum if I may. Thank you.
                                Devil May Cry | Fable 2

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...