X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sykko
    • Jun 2007
    • 3.6.x

Version Number

(note the actual question is in bold, underlined and in red)... if the question is not str8 forward then the rest of the post might be needed... but really the question is what's important)

ok... first off let me say I considered searching for an answer to this question but I cant think of any good search terms that would come up with good results because it would mix up with weird stuff...

next... this isnt so much a "how do I" as it is a "is this ok"

the liscense agreement explains that it is not ok to alter the copyright notice but just above the copyright info is a section that tells the whole world what version of vb I have installed...

right now that isnt a problem because I am such a new board that I have the newest version (3.6.7) I just installed the board 2 weeks ago...

but in the future ya never know right?

now I remember on an IPB board I was on someone was telling me that they installed a mod that would make the board look like it was 9.9.9... with vb I dont need a hack I could just use the RVM and look for that tag line and replace it with whatever...

my question (and sorry I could have gotten str8 to this)

Is that line included? the one that says "Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7" is that legaly something I cant change without paying for the copyright thing? or is it ok for me to remove the 3.6.7 part to cause it to say "Powered by vBulletin®"????
    §èè¥ä§;
    Sykko
  • Onimua
    • Apr 2005

You can remove the version number.

The minimum you can have in the footer is: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Sykko
      • Jun 2007
      • 3.6.x

that's good to know thanks
      §èè¥ä§;
      Sykko

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Hello,

Yes, you're permitted to remove the version number from the copyright in the footer, without having to buy the branding free option. The minimum it should read is what Onimua posted in post #2.

Admin Control Panel -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases -> phrasename (Phrase Variable Name Only) > And search for "powered_by"

If you fully wish to remove the copyright you can purchase the branding free option for $120 (per license) from your members' area. This is a one time fee, and doesn't have to be renewed.

Comment

• Sykko
          • Jun 2007
          • 3.6.x

thanks for the help on editing it (the way I was going to do it would have taken a little bit of extra work since I have 3 root style templates that I would have had to edit)

§èè¥ä§;
          Sykko

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...