X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yur1y
    • Jul 2006

Pirated forum

Hello.
    It seems the pirate report system on this site doesn't work properly, because no action was taken... So here you are:

<<<URL Removed>>>

This site is using pirated version of vBulletin (as far as I know it is vBulletin v3.5.2).

I know that posting this thread in this forum breaks rules, but I hope that at least official note will be sent to forum administrator.

Sorry for breaking rules.
    Sorry for possible mistakes in this post.
    Yours sincerely.
    Yury.
    Last edited by Marco van Herwaarden; Mon 21 May '07, 11:23am.
  • Mayers
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Yur1y
    Hello.
    It seems the pirate report system on this site doesn't work properly, because no action was taken... So here you are:

<<< Removed>>>
    This site is using pirated version of vBulletin (as far as I know it is vBulletin v3.5.2).

I know that posting this thread in this forum breaks rules, but I hope that at least official note will be sent to forum administrator.

Sorry for breaking rules.
    Sorry for possible mistakes in this post.
    Yours sincerely.
    Yury.

It works just fine. If you already reported it, then they know about it. No need to start a thread about it. If it's an illegal copy vB staff will take care of it, reporting once is all that is needed.
    Last edited by Marco van Herwaarden; Mon 21 May '07, 11:24am.
    Student Zone - A community for students

Comment

• Yur1y
      • Jul 2006

I reported it few months ago...

Comment

• Mayers
        • Jul 2004
        • 3.6.x

Did you ever stop to think it's a legal copy?
        Student Zone - A community for students

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
          • Nov 2004
          • 3.8.x

You know that it is against our rules to post such an URL, but you still do.....

If you suspect a board to be running unlicensed, then please report it using http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

Each report is handled and if needed action is taken. We however do not have a magic button to take down a website.
          Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
          Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• FreshFroot_
            • Jul 2005
            • 3.8.x

It can take awhile sometimes.. or like Mayers said, it could be a legal copy. I've had someone report one of my forums many times, though I don't care since it's licenced. But it's funny how people still will report after years, not thinking it could be licenced

Just report the url and let the Piracy team take care of it their way. You did you job and they will take care of the rest

Comment

• Cyber Smoke
              • Aug 2004
              • 4.2.X

Marco: No magic buttons? Try finding a keyboard with one on it...

Honestly, in my opinion, the "one case" reporting is usually based on some kind of "bad relationships" with the forum administrators. If you're continuously thinking about taking down one forum, it can mean 2 things: a) it's really worth taking down because of some losses it's producing for you or your friends b) it's not about the piracy, but rather a personal wish to bring some troubles to another person. Nothing more to say, I guess.
              The specifics of custom design

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                • Nov 2004
                • 3.8.x

Sorry i already used all my magic mushrooms......oops typo....magic buttons.
                Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Yur1y
                  • Jul 2006

I think magic button for closing all pirated sites will be good present for you, Marco, won't it? =)))

P.S. This thread should be closed, shouldn't it? If it breaks rules...

Comment

• Cyber Smoke
                    • Aug 2004
                    • 4.2.X

Technically, it's not, anymore =) You see, the main reason why one shouldn't post a link to a suspected illegal vBulletin forum like that is because it might be a legal resource, and in this case, such a report will harm the board's reputation. This is why all such issues are handled via a private report form or the e-mail. I'm sure that in case the anti-piracy staff will need additional information, they'll contact you using the address you've written.

Comment

• Yur1y
                      • Jul 2006

Ага, я сам ставил форум этот, сам качал дистриб с пиратского сайта и "этот форум может быть легальным".
                      ---
                      I think they will only need the hosting administator's e-mail... I can provide it if they need it...

Comment

• Cyber Smoke
                        • Aug 2004
                        • 4.2.X

Yes, but at this point, I don't think there are any other significant notes which might be added to the discussion, especially if you're saying that you've helped these people to install the software.

Please close this topic.

Comment

• MThornback
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Marco van Herwaarden
                          Each report is handled and if needed action is taken. We however do not have a magic button to take down a website.
                          Is that coming in 4.0 too?

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                            • Nov 2004
                            • 3.8.x

Not much more to add to this thread.
                            Closing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...