Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpapadpapa
    • Aug 2005

Two issues - deleting forums and "help" buttons

I just upgraded my forum and I am having two issues. First, I cannot delete forums...or do anything with the pulldowns in the Forum Manager, for that matter. I select an option and hit "go" and nothing happens.

Also, I get a 404 error message when I click on any of the "help" buttons throughout the admin control panel.

Thanks for your help!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This may be due to mod_security. See this thread:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jpapadpapa
      • Aug 2005

This did not seem to fix the issues.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

In that case, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jpapadpapa
          • Aug 2005

Okay, I reuploaded the non-image files and then I ran the "suspect file versions". The following files were not recognized as part of vBulletin:

activecell.htc
          datastore_cache.php
          cpnav_impex.xml

Shall I continue with your directions or do I need to address this issue first?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Please follow all my instructions.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• jpapadpapa
              • Aug 2005

I am still learning my way around vBulletin, but if I understand correctly how to create a new style, isn't this impossible with the problems I am having? In the "Style Manager" I selected "Add new template", but again, nothing happens when I hit "go".

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

No, it should not be impossible and Add New Template is not the same as Add New Style.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• jpapadpapa
                  • Aug 2005

Oops...sorry, I must have misread that. I was confused because I was looking in the pull-down menu, but now I see that option at the bottom!Sorry to be a pain!

Comment

• jpapadpapa
                    • Aug 2005

Okay, that seemed to work somewhat, but now I have another issue. It appears that I can delete forums and click on the help buttons, but now there is a strange background in the Admin CP that looks like static from a TV.

Thanks for bearing with me!

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

That is most likely from uploading an image file in ASCII format instead of Binary.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• jpapadpapa
                        • Aug 2005

My husband (the geek that keeps me from destroying things) said that he uploaded all the image files in binary. He also cleared out the cache on my workstation, as well as our firewall.

Any thoughts? At least it does appear that this is the only remaining issue.
                        Last edited by jpapadpapa; Sun 25 Feb '07, 5:08pm. Reason: incorrect relaying of information

Comment

• jpapadpapa
                          • Aug 2005

There's something else that I didn't think to mention...the time at the bottom of the forum is wrong, despite the fact that it says it is "GMT". I also double-checked the date and time options in the CP and it is set properly. I don't know if this is related to the other problems or not and I don't know what to do.

Comment

• Jorrit787
                            • Nov 2005
                            • 3.8.x

I believe your forum automatically takes on the time of the server it's hosted on... If you have specified a personal offset in your User CP it will be off from the server time. Try logging out and looking at the time--Is it correct then?
                            EverythingKMC - A forum for the Kaiserslautern Military Community :cool:
                            GermanDriversLicense.com

Comment

• jpapadpapa
                              • Aug 2005

When I log out, it is off by an hour still. It is GMT -4 instead of GMT -5. My husband is going to do some more things...hopefully this weekend...to see if he can narrow down the problem. I have too many other things going on right now and I don't have time to deal with this anymore at the moment. Thanks for your help, though!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...