Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starsky
    • Sep 2004

"Post Reply" Error Message

Recently upgraded to 3.6.3 from 3.5.5 and receive the following error message.

Warning: Wrong value for parameter 4 in call to preg_match_all() in /includes/functions.php on line 201
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload thesein ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file.

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• starsky
      • Sep 2004

Update...

I'm still having issues with the original problem below. In addition, two new strange things appeared. The admin panel header and left nav are funky see attached. Also, the forum homepage now shows two "Alert: The forums are currently turned off!"
      Attached Files

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
        • Nov 2004
        • 3.8.x

You can turn on your board at:

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Turn Your vBulletin On and Off
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• starsky
          • Sep 2004

I understand how to turn the board on. I'm looking for help with the following two issues.
          1. Warning: Wrong value for parameter 4 in call to preg_match_all() in /includes/functions.php on line 201 - Steve's solution below didn't resolve the issue
          2. All images icons are not rendering properly, whether in admin or user forum
          3. Lastly I thought it was odd that there are now two... "Alert: The forums are currently turned off!" messages when there use to be one.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
            • Nov 2004
            • 3.8.x

I can not see how this can be if you have followed Steve's instruction in post #2.

Did you follow all instructions?
            Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• starsky
              • Sep 2004

All instructions were followed. WOuld it make any diffference if I deleted the entire forum directory, reupload all the files and then follow the instructions below again.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                • Nov 2004
                • 3.8.x

Please open a support ticket. Make sure to include access details to AdminCP, FTP/SSH and phpMyAdmin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...