X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • creativepart
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.8.x

Running Test import PHPBB

Hi, I'm in the process of running a test import from PHPBB 2.0.19 to vB 3.5.4.

I set up a test website.
    I set up a fresh test install of vB.
    I did a mysqldump of my phpbb forum's database
    I mysql'd the dump into a new db in the test website.

I'm running the Impex from the root directory not through Admin.

The forum is large -- 11,000 members, 50,000 threads, 500,000 posts.

All has worked well and fast until I got to "posts". At the default 2000 at a time I get nothing but a blank page with "done" in the status bar of the browser.

I changed it to 1000 got the same.

I changed it to 500 got the same

I changed it to 100 and it started working. After 4300 it went to a blank page with "done" on the status bar.

I tried to go back to Impex module menu and it started again where it had left off. I used a stop watch and it's taking 40 seconds to do 1000 so that's 3 hours to do 500,000.

After 20,200 it gave a fatal error:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2519 bytes) in /home/www/websitenameremoved.com/impex/ImpExFunction.php on line 232.

Suggestions please???
    Last edited by creativepart; Sat 10 Jun '06, 1:48pm. Reason: update
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Your PHP does not have enough memory allocated to it to complete this operation. Ask your host to increase the 'memory_limit' varible in php.ini to at least 16M, and preferably 32M.

To temporarily up your limits edit your includes/config.php file and add these lines right under the <?php line:

ini_set('memory_limit', 32 * 1024 * 1024);
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• creativepart
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.8.x

I have root access so I should be able to increase this limit myself. It keeps restarting and running from where it left off. So now its up to 31500. Can I stop the import of users mid-stream to change this setting and then run that module again?

Do I need to empty the post table in vB?

Thanks

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

I would clear the imported data, make the change to php.ini, restart Apache then try the import again.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• creativepart
          • Jan 2006
          • 3.8.x

Clear all the imported data or just the posts? So far it's done fine on everything else.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Personally I would clear everything and start all over, but that's just me. You can certainly try to take a short-cut if you want.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...