X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt Slick
    • Jan 2006

Advanced Editing Problem.

Did an upgrade and it is working.

But, the Bold, Italics, Underline, Left justify, etc... don't work when creating a post.

Now, I've got some plug ins going but i went to the default template and reverted everything (except the header) and still can't get the formatting buttons to work.

I admit to doing a mod that moved the smilies to the bottom of the edit window, but I thought it would have been set back to the original when I reverted everything.

Anyway, this system is awesome and I thank you guys in advance for the help.

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?ph
    p

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, Founder of the OptiBoard Discussion Forums for Eyecare Professionals

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ruizmaniega
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?ph
      p

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
      Hi

I have followed all the steps that you have written, but continue having that problem. I do not have any Plugin or installed Hack.

I cannot create new messages, but I can respond the messages that estan writings through button “Quick Reply”.

Also I add that in the “Quotes”, the text that this inside if that appears, but my answer does not appear, is invisible.

These problems happen to me since it updates version 3.5.4, and to navigators I.E and Firefox

Thanks

Spanish Translation by Google:

He seguido todos los pasos que usted ha escrito, pero sigo teniendo ese problema. No tengo ningun Plugin o Hack instalado.

No puedo crear nuevos mensajes, pero SI puedo responder los mensajes que estan escritos a traves del boton "Quick Reply".

Tambien añado que en las "Citas", el texto que esta dentro si que aparece, pero mi respuesta no aparece, es invisible.

Estos problemas me suceden desde que actualice la version 3.5.4, y con los navegadores I.E. y Firefox

Gracias y un saludo

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

If it's not from modifications to the code or templates, then is has to be from your language pack. Try this with the English language pack.
        Steve Machol, Founder of the OptiBoard Discussion Forums for Eyecare Professionals

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ruizmaniega
          • Mar 2006

I have proven to change the following thing:

User CP/Edit Option/Miscellaneous Publishing Options/Message Interface

In the option of “Publishing BASIC” works perfectly.

In the option of “Standard Editor” I can create new subjects and to respond them, but the options of the sizes, font and others do not work, are stayed as blocked.

In the option of “Enhanded Interface” to me it happens mentioned-above, and it gives the error me of which as minimum I must write a letter.

Edit: I only have installed the original English language pack

Spanish Translation:

He probado a cambiar lo siguiente:

User CP/Edit Option/Miscellaneous Options/Message Editor Interface

En la opcion de "Basic Editor" funciona perfectamente.

En la opcion de "Standard Editor" puedo crear nuevos temas y responderlos, pero las opciones de las fuentes, tipo de letra y demas no funcionan, se quedan como bloqueadas.

En la opcion de "Enhanded Interface" me pasa lo arriba mencionado, y me da el error de que como minimo debo escribir una letra

Editado: Solo tengo instalado el lenguaje original en ingles que viene.
          Last edited by ruizmaniega; Fri 9 Jun '06, 10:43am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Did you follow my suggestion?

Comment

• ruizmaniega
              • Mar 2006

I have followed all the steps and I continue having the same problem.

I have edit my message but maybe you dont read this, sorry :

"Edit: I only have installed the original English language pack"

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

If you really are running the original 3.6 files, templates and code with no plugins, please report this in the 3.6 Bug Tracker here:

Comment

• ruizmaniega
                  • Mar 2006

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...