Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shafin
    • May 2006

Creating a language pack in demo.vbulletin.com

I am a member of some vbulletin sites but admin of none and i have searched throughout this site for a bangla language pack that i can suggest for those forums.Obviously i am a freak for my mother tongue.

I've just noticed that I can create a bangla language pack using vBulletin demo.

If I create such a pack,will it be accepted for upload here?so that then i can take the credit for being the first to create bangla language pack for vb?
  • Boxy
    • Oct 2002

The demo is not intended for this use as each demo is automatically delete after 24 hours, so you will lose any additions or changes you make to it.

Comment

• shafin
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Boxy
      The demo is not intended for this use as each demo is automatically delete after 24 hours, so you will lose any additions or changes you make to it.
      I dont think you got my point.

What I am saying is,i can download the phrase quickref page from admincp,then take my time and translate the phrases,then go to the demo board and set up the language.Then I can Download the language in a xml file.

My question is,wheather vbulletin.com will allow me to submit any such language packs (I intend to create a bangla one) and store them,and I am sure I cant submit them in the regular process as I have no licenses and dont have the economic power to buy one just for the purpose as I am a student,but is really really eager to be the first one to develop a bangla language pack for my favourite forums.

Surely I can supply these forums with the file created from the demo directly,but I want to get it hosted here so that other license holders of vb who speak bangla can use them too.

I believe I've made it clear this time.

Comment

• shafin
        • May 2006

And one complement,the new quick reply loading animation looks great.

Comment

• Colin F
          • May 2004

I don't think it would be that easy to develope a language pack without access to a forum, seeing as most phrases are in a certain context, so that simply translating them 1 to 1 won't work easily.
          Of course you're free to translate it if you like, and I'll see that it gets uploaded/posted.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• shafin
            • May 2006

Originally posted by Colin F
            I don't think it would be that easy to develope a language pack without access to a forum, seeing as most phrases are in a certain context, so that simply translating them 1 to 1 won't work easily.
            Of course you're free to translate it if you like, and I'll see that it gets uploaded/posted.
            Thanks a lot.
            For the forum thing,i've got the demo forum to play with,and i am quite confident i can do it,when finished,i'll inform you here so that you can arrange for uploading it.

Comment

• shafin
              • May 2006

Now that i've started it,I realise it's a hell lot of Work.Can you please give extension to my demo version?it'll expire within two or three hours and I've only finished the global phrases and some control panel phrases.

Thanks.

Comment