Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • globalinsites
    • Oct 2002

need some Arabic help - Phrase Manager

I am using vB 3.5.4 with an Arabic language pack and have to add two arabic phrases to the Phrase Manager.

The phrases are:

New Thread
    New Reply

I don't speak/read Arabic but a friend translated the phrases for me:

جديد عموضو
    جديد بجوا

I copied these from a Word doc and don't know how they will dispay when I post this.. I do see that it's being displayed in the wrong direction if I compare it to the Word doc, but I'm not even sure if I'm seeing it right in the Word doc..

Anyway, the problem is that when I copy the phrases from the Word doc in the Phrase Manager then something goes wrong. The first word becomes the second word and vice versa, and in the second word the first letter has to be at the end of the word. See attachement, this is how it displays on my site.

I see in the phrase manager that the word Arabic (I think it means Arabic) is showed as this code: ÇáÚÑÈíÉ

My guess is that I have to input my Arabic phrases in that same code, but I don't know what that code is (unicode?), or how to do it.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Rik.
    Attached Files
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

This is because Arabic goes from right to left, and english is from left to right.

Comment

• globalinsites
      • Oct 2002

I know, but I think there must be some way to get the phrases in the phrase manager from right-to-left?

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

If the language you've imported is set to go from right to left it will also work like that in the phrase manager.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...