X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hornstar6969
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Payment system question

Okay, im not sure if this is a bug/problem/error/or if im just doing it wrong.

Okay i'll explain what happened first then explain what I'm confused about.

My forums were down for 3 weeks.

When my forums came back, a lot of the subscriptions had expired.

so I went into the subscription manager, and manually gave each member 3 weeks extra, then set the subscription as active (yes)

However, I kept getting emails saying they have can not access the subscription area.

I confirmed this, when I went into usergroup options for those users, and they did not have the subscription selected, they were only registered members.

So this is what im confused about. If I now, select the subscription as the Primary Usergroup or Additional Usergroups. Will that subscription end in 3 weeks, or will it continue until i remove it manually, because I added it manually.

Also, why did the permissions not get added to their usergroups after I selected active? or extended their memberships ( I think some of them lost there permissions after this as well.)

Hopefully this can be confirmed by others as well.

thanks
    Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

A little difficult to follow what you did but you should have also manually changed there usergroups as per the Subscription. I believe this would have solved everything.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Dec 2000

Steve as soon as you make a subscription active AND the expiry date is recent it will apply the membership permissions for you.

I just went and tested and this was the case.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Since it didn't work for him then I assume he's going to need more assistance figuring out why.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Dec 2000

Most likely he hit active and never hit a date or the other way around
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• hornstar6969
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.8.x

Well I changed the date 3 weeks ahead, changed the no to yes for subscription active. Then I thought it was all done for that person, then later that day the person pm me, saying they are not a premium member (the subscription) I then went into subscrption manager, and it said they were active, and they will expire in 3 weeks. I then pm'ed them back and said on my end its saying you have 3 weeks left and your subscription is active.

They then pm'ed me back, I then said to myself (wtf) then checked what usergroups that member belonged to, and it was only registered and they had not recieved there subcription when I had put it in manually.

this happened to 2 members.

So what your saying is, this should not have happened.

Well if it continues to happen, what is my next step?
            Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...