X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hossack
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.5.x

SMTP mail

Over the past few days, the SMTP mail function on the site has stopped working. I've checked using an external mail client that the SMTP mail functions on the server are running correctly, but when I enable the option within the Admin Control panel, no joy.

Could anyone suggest a solution or where to start looking to find the problem?

Thanks,

Hossack
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Turn on the SMTP function and test it via the email daignostics.

Comment

• hossack
      • Oct 2005
      • 3.5.x

Hi,

I've tested it via the email diagnostics, it is coming up with error messages related to line 519 of class_mail.php

I don't understand why it has suddenly stopped working as it has run perfectly well since October of last year, none of the settings have been changed and although the site has been heavily modified, these modifications were completed over 2 months ago.

I've double checked again with the server and the smtp mail is working without a problem. Is it possible that a file has become corrupt on the server that is causing the problems?

Thanks,

Hossack

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Well whats the error message and we can help

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

This has to be a server issue. Have you contacted your host?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Dec 2000

Also saying an error message was shown isn't very descriptive.

What was the error message?
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Webber
              • Aug 2004
              • 4.1.x

I am too having the issue.....here is the error message I am getting through diagnostics. I am runnin vb 3.5.4 and have made no changes or adding plugins:

The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail.The following errors were outputted by PHP when attempting to send mail:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to **removed** (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ) in **removed** includes\class_mail.php on line 536

Warning: Unable to connect to SMTP server in **removed** \includes\class_mail.php on line 519

My email is working on all other applications.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • Dec 2000

They seem pretty descriptive, the IP address or host within the admin cp is incorrect.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Webber
                  • Aug 2004
                  • 4.1.x

It took several variations but I had incorrectly chose the secure email setting in admin cp. I turned it off and it all worked.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...