Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcristo
    • Apr 2006

Problem With Impex Importing phpBB 2.0.19 to VB 3.5.4

On my first attempt of using Impex to import my phpBB 2.0.19 database to my clean install of VB 3.5.4, everything appeared to be going great.

In the VB admin panel, I selected import > import, then I selected the system I wish to import from (phpBB 2.0.19) and clicked Begin Import.

I then proceeded to Start Each Module. The 1st appeared to work ok.

I then skipped the 2nd module (as stated in the docs) then after proceeding with the 3rd module I receive this error stating it cannot connect to the MySQL database?

I attempted to repeat the whole process again, however know when in the VB admin panel and selecting import > import, all I get is a blue screen with ImpEx build version : 1.45 up the top, I can no longer select the system source form or anything.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

PS. The database I set in the impex config file is correct.

EDIT: Having now read through this thread I'm thinking I should have perhaps set phpbb_ as the table prefix in ImpExConfig.php? I didnt on the first attempt, I just left it blank.

How do I go about starting things over? As I said when selecting import > import I just get a blank screen now and can no longer select the source system.
    Last edited by dcristo; Thu 27 Apr '06, 11:19am.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Run this query:

DELETE FROM datastore WHERE title='ImpExSession';

Then try the import again.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• dcristo
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Run this query:

DELETE FROM datastore WHERE title='ImpExSession';

Then try the import again.
      Do you mean perform this query on the new vbulletin database in phpmyadmin?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Yes.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• dcristo
          • Apr 2006

I have reinstalled vBulletin and attempted the impex import about 5-6 times now, each time experiencing timeouts during the import posts module.

I am running the clean installed vBulletin forum on a VPS server so I'd be very suprised if memory capacity was an issue.

What could I be possibly be doing wrong? I have attempted to import using a 200 post count, still with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• Jerry
            • Dec 2002
            • 1.1.x

At what stage of the post import ?

What is the total number of posts ?

What is the web server or browser error returned ?

On the last page of a post import ImpEx updates all the parent id's of all the posts to allow a threaded view for posts that didn't have a parent id imported, this can take some time and if the process times out this can cause the process to die before completion.

What is the max_execution_time time set to in PHP ?
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• dcristo
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Jerry
              At what stage of the post import ?
              The timeout is occuring after 19,000 posts.

What is the total number of posts ?
              The phpBB 2.0.19 board has 33,000 posts.

What is the web server or browser error returned ?
              I get a "The page cannot be displayed" error.

On the last page of a post import ImpEx updates all the parent id's of all the posts to allow a threaded view for posts that didn't have a parent id imported, this can take some time and if the process times out this can cause the process to die before completion.

What is the max_execution_time time set to in PHP ?
              Where do I find this? I have sent a support ticket regarding my problems. I was adviced to increase my MySQL packet size as it was only set to 1Mb. It is now 1G.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• dcristo
                • Apr 2006

I just attempted importing 50 posts at a time, it reached 19,250 before timing out.

Comment

• Jerry
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 1.1.x

Originally posted by dcristo
                  The timeout is occuring after 19,000 posts.

The phpBB 2.0.19 board has 33,000 posts.
                  Ok there its not the last page, it must be a "problem post" i.e. something that is throwing ImpEx, something that it can't parse etc.

Where do I find this? I have sent a support ticket regarding my problems. I was adviced to increase my MySQL packet size as it was only set to 1Mb. It is now 1G.
                  Definatly not and over sized insert then with MySQL accepting 1Gig packets !

In your admincp, at the bottom in the Maintenance section there is a section "View PHP info" in their amongst all the PHP details will be : max_execution_time.

Is the server public, were you start a support ticket could I have access ? I'm guessing so far that is one post that’s causing a problem.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• dcristo
                    • Apr 2006

In your admincp, at the bottom in the Maintenance section there is a section "View PHP info" in their amongst all the PHP details will be : max_execution_time.
                    OK I checked it out. max_execution_time is set to 30

Is the server public, were you start a support ticket could I have access ? I'm guessing so far that is one post that’s causing a problem.
                    I have the site on a VPS. I can give FTP access if thats what you mean. How can I allow access to the support ticket, I'd gladly let you check it out, I'm at whits end trying to sort this out... lol

Comment

• Jerry
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 1.1.x

Go here, put "Att : Jerry" or "Oi Jerry fix it" etc in the subject line and link to this thread in the subject so I know its you.

Put in your admincp URL and user/pass and FTP details in the support ticketand I'll try and debug it.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• dcristo
                        • Apr 2006

Go here, put "Att : Jerry" or "Oi Jerry fix it" etc in the subject line and link to this thread in the subject so I know its you.

Put in your admincp URL and user/pass and FTP details in the support ticketand I'll try and debug it.
                        Cheers mate, I assume you just mean make a normal support ticket with those details? You forgot to hyperlink to it.

Comment

• Jerry
                          • Dec 2002
                          • 1.1.x

Cheers mate, I assume you just mean make a normal support ticket with those details? You forgot to hyperlink to it.
                          Ah yes, here : http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...