Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill2003
    • Apr 2003

Out of interest.

What does the vbulletin user license have to say about using the software to diseminate pirated material via various methods, namely usenet bittorrent and ftp?

This is one person who is very active on vb.org and on here has about 92 posts, now it takes about a nanosecond to find vbulletin on usenet and this guy is helping people use it as well as distributing stuff.

So does it matter to you lot or not, if not so be it but i think its a bit hypocritical to be so publicly anti piracy and accept your software's useage by the pirates to distribute pirated material...

Oh the site is <removed> and the guys username is in the url..............
    Last edited by Colin F; Thu 27 Apr '06, 10:34am.
  • Kier
    Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
    • Sep 2000

From the license agreement:

The Software may not be used for anything that would represent or is associated with an Intellectual Property violation, including, but not limited to, engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations, or other entities.

Comment

• Colin F
      • May 2004

Well, the site went down fast
      I'm removing the URL from your post anyhow.
      Best Regards
      Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...