Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tvseriesforum
    • Apr 2006

IPB 2.0.4 or a PHPBB 2.0.20 converter?

I used the impex system to try to convert my 2.0.4 IPB/2.0.20 PHPBB over to vbulletin. There wasn't a conversion system specifically for these two boards but I tried it anyways. It didn't work, it gave me this message

ImpEx Database errormysql error: Invalid SQL:
    SELECT * FROM groups
    ORDER BY g_id
    LIMIT 0,50

mysql error: Table 'tvsfforum.groups' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Date: Wednesday 26th of April 2006 09:03:00 PM
    Database: tvsfforum
    MySQL error: Table 'tvsfforum.groups' doesn't exist

That's basically the same exact message I get for both PHPBB and Invision. So my question is, is there a converter for either PHPBB 2.0.20 or IPB 2.0.4? If not, is there a trick I can use to convert?

-Thanks
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Both IPB and phpBB have a default table prefix.

Which are you importing from? You need to do one, or the other.

Comment

• tvseriesforum
      • Apr 2006

I've tried importing from both. But that message was from IPB.

I first tried to do it from PHPBB 2.0.20. When it wasn't successful (gave me basically the same message more or less), I cleaned out the import, edited the impex config file to point to the IPB forum and started over with IPB 2.0.4.

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

You are missing the table prefix, module 001 will tell you what it most likely is.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• tvseriesforum
          • Apr 2006

where is this module 001 that you talk of? Sorry, not much of a computer guy

Comment

• Jerry
            • Dec 2002
            • 1.1.x

Originally posted by tvseriesforum
            where is this module 001 that you talk of? Sorry, not much of a computer guy
            That's the first module of any importer, where all the tables came up red, at the bottom it will tell you your table prefix, for phpBB it will be "phpbb_".
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• tvseriesforum
              • Apr 2006

I see what you are talking about now. But when I click "check and update database" it does it in 1 sec and refreshes then goes back to the modules page. I have no time to scroll down and look at what i'm missing.

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

What are you trying to import from though, phpBB or IBP...

Comment

• tvseriesforum
                  • Apr 2006

I am currently trying to convert from PHPBB 2.0.20 (that message above is from Invision though but it's basically the same message for PHPBB). But it shouldn't matter right as long as I have the right modules installed and direct the ImpexConfig.php file to the right database?
                  Last edited by tvseriesforum; Thu 27 Apr '06, 10:25am.

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

No, the impex system will import from a single system at a time. If you are currently running phpBB, you need to use the importer for phpBB, if you are running IPB, you need to run the importer from IBP.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

Also please view the multiple import instructions here:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tvseriesforum
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        Also please view the multiple import instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/i...rsion=30501500
                        ok so i have done as directed there. Nothing has been imported. So I guess now my question is, is there an importer specifically for ipb 2.0.4 since it is the final version (i read that you guys rarely if ever release imports for beta version?). If not, then what is wrong with my IPB import? I checked the module 001 as you had directed but the "Check and Update database" refreshes (too fast) for me to scroll down to take a look at all the red stuff.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

You have done as directled? If so, then why did you continue after the first import if that import did not work. That doesn't make much sense.

The IPB2 importer *will* work with 2.0.4.

I suggest you clear out everything and start over. Then import either phpBB or IPB. After that follow *all* the instructions and make sure everything is working before proceeding to the second import.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tvseriesforum
                            • Apr 2006

Well it said to remove the import_id by using the 'clean database' module before performing a second import right? That's what I did. I'm just trying to ask for some help here...no harm done so you don't have to sound so condescending. But thanks, I will try to start over.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              • Jul 2000

After the first import you need to stop and make sure everything is working and has been imported correctly before proceeding to the second import.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...