Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Qoozz
    • Apr 2006

MyBB ==> VB (Need Help!)

Hi, I just got my new vb license and did a fresh import from mybb 1.03 to the current vb 3.5.4. However, after all the modules were run, I realised that the only thing that was imported was the members. All threads, posts and attachments failed to import over. I did a rerun and also tried reinstalling again, but the same problem arises .

Is there anybody here that can advise or assist me on what to do next ?

Thanks.
    ImageGalore | IZ3.net
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

How do you know it failed? You saw each module say it failed? Impex will show you the ammount of data it did and didn't import.

Did you make sure to follow over all of the impex howto steps?

Comment

• Jerry
      • Dec 2002
      • 1.1.x

Update the counters and save the forum display.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Qoozz
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Jerry
        Update the counters and save the forum display.
        Yup, that solved my problems. The only problem with the mybb importer is that it displays this error on top of the forum when I click on any user's name to check their profile:

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 4 to be long, string given in /member.php on line 516

and another problem I found is that all sent messages in the private messages ends up in the inbox instead. Other than that, I am pretty much happy the way it is now .

Thanks for the help.
        ImageGalore | IZ3.net

Comment

• Jerry
          • Dec 2002
          • 1.1.x

Ok, the time must be an error with the birthday format on import.

You can either reset all the birthdays to blank and ask your users to update them, or start a support ticket and get my a copy of your MyBB database so I can see why/how the format has changed.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• tsak76
            • May 2005
            • 3.6.x

Qoozz what about the mybb attachments ? where they imported and placed in the corect posts ? what about sigs and links? do the sigs show and are the links clickable ? also check the pms are they empty or not ?

Comment

• Qoozz
              • Apr 2006

Ok, the time must be an error with the birthday format on import.

You can either reset all the birthdays to blank and ask your users to update them, or start a support ticket and get my a copy of your MyBB database so I can see why/how the format has changed.
              I haven't tried your method as of yet. It somehow got solved when I did the following: admin control panel => edit user (no values were changed) => save. And when I clicked the usernames again, the error is gone . At least I get to keep the birthdays .

Thanks for your help.
              ImageGalore | IZ3.net

Comment

• Qoozz
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Konstantinos
                Qoozz what about the mybb attachments ? where they imported and placed in the corect posts ? what about sigs and links? do the sigs show and are the links clickable ? also check the pms are they empty or not ?
                My board's attachments were missing too, even though the importer specify that it had been done. As for sigs, I realise that sigs only display for new users, not for those imported. But if you merge the users together, the sigs will work. As for pms, they are all intact for me, but I think I know your referring to the body of the message that have gone missing.

Jerry, I think you have to correct these errors for your next importer version.
                ImageGalore | IZ3.net

Comment

• Jerry
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Qoozz
                  My board's attachments were missing too, even though the importer specify that it had been done. As for sigs, I realise that sigs only display for new users, not for those imported. But if you merge the users together, the sigs will work. As for pms, they are all intact for me, but I think I know your referring to the body of the message that have gone missing.

Jerry, I think you have to correct these errors for your next importer version.
                  Without a bug report and test data there is nothing I can do, if you can provide both then I can fix them.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Qoozz
                    • Apr 2006

Without a bug report and test data there is nothing I can do, if you can provide both then I can fix them.
                    Don't worry about it, as I mentioned earlier, I'm more than happy the way it is now .

To Konstantinos:

It seems that most sig and links are working fine for me, although there are a small minority of users are unable to display them. Note, for the links to be clickable, you have to ask your user (or go into your admin CP to edit user) to manually add this: [URL]....[/URLL], that is of course without the extra L at the end.

For attachments and pms, I guess I can't help you with it. You most probably have to ask your users to upload the attachments again.
                    ImageGalore | IZ3.net

Comment

• tsak76
                      • May 2005
                      • 3.6.x

well i got about 600 attachments :/

Comment

• Qoozz
                        • Apr 2006

well i got about 600 attachments :/
                        With such huge attachments, I think you will be better off submitting a bug request to Jerry, so he can work something out for you and hopefully also help future mybb importers from scratching their heads like us .
                        ImageGalore | IZ3.net

Comment

• Jerry
                          • Dec 2002
                          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Qoozz
                          With such huge attachments, I think you will be better off submitting a bug request to Jerry, so he can work something out for you and hopefully also help future mybb importers from scratching their heads like us .
                          If I get a bug report with the details and someone willing to give me a copy of their database and attachments for me to work with then I'll update/fix the importer.
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• tsak76
                            • May 2005
                            • 3.6.x

Jerry do u want to me to give u ftp phpmyadmin access to check it out ? i really need the attachments

Comment

• Jerry
                              • Dec 2002
                              • 1.1.x

Jerry do u want to me to give u ftp phpmyadmin access to check it out ? i really need the attachments
                              Start a support ticket and ask for me and the link to this thread as well so I know who's who
                              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...