Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jfreundn
    • Dec 2005

My Emoticons are not working

None of my edit features or emoticons are working when user posts. Can you tell me how to make them work.

Smiles are turned on.

Ver 3.5.4

Thanks
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but first make sure all the WYSIWYG editors are enabled here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting Interface Options -> Enable Clickable Message Formatting Controls

Then make sure you have selected the enhanced editor in your User CP:

User CP -> Edit Options -> Message Editor Interface -> Enhanced Interface

This should work assuming you have not altered the templates.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jfreundn
      • Dec 2005

I set enhanced in all places

Thank you for the input and suggestions. I changed to the enhanced but they r still not working what else can I do????

I really want to get them working I just don't know what to do.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

What exactly is not working? Have you modified the templates or installed any hacks or plugins?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jfreundn
          • Dec 2005

Enhanced edit features are not working

Yes, there are both plugins and hacks installed. The bold/italic etc and the Smiles on the right side of the posting window r not working.

I have all of the enhanced editing options turned smiles are turned on and yet none of these features are working.

If you need to see my forum let me know and I will post link I don't know how to make this work so your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

If I understand what you are sayiong, then this problem does not occur with the original vB code and templates (assuming you have the settings correct as per post #2.)

If this is so, then one of your customizations is at fault. To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• jfreundn
              • Dec 2005

This is a bit above my head

Is it possible to have this done?

Thanks

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • Dec 2000

It's a single edit to perform to check this.

We only provide support for unmodified boards since thats the code that was written by Jelsoft Staff, all other pieces of code need to be disabled before we can do these checks.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...