X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galey801
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.8.x

Install fails at step 5

Have recently taken over the admin of a forum running 3.0.6. Wanted to test the upgrade process before running it on the live site but when I attempt to install a 3.0.6 instance I get the following error at step 5:

Step 5) Inserting Default Data
    • Inserting default data into attachmenttype
    • Inserting default data into datastore
    • Inserting default data into calendar
    • Inserting default data into cron
    • Inserting default data into faq
    • Inserting default data into forum

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
      Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
      An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
      We apologise for any inconvenience.

I also did a View Source on the page and the error occurs when it attempts to load the default data in the forums table but I have no idea why. The SQL error message is as follows:

<li>Inserting default data into forum</li>
    <!--
    INSERT INTO forum (forumid, styleid, title, description, options, displayorder, replycount, lastpost, lastposter, lastthread, lastthreadid, lasticonid, threadcount, daysprune, newpostemail, newthreademail, parentid, parentlist, password, link, childlist)
    VALUES (1, 0, 'Main Category', 'Main Category Description', '86017', '1', '0', '0', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '', '', '-1', '1,-1', '', '', '1,2,-1'),
    (2, 0, 'Main Forum', 'Main Forum Description', '89799', '1', '0', '0', '', '', '', '', '0', '30', '', '', '1', '2,1,-1', '', '', '2,-1')
    -->

<html><head><title> Database Error</title><style type="text/css"><!--.error { font: 11px tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; }--></style></head>
    <body></table></td></tr></table></form>
    <blockquote><p class="error">&nbsp;</p><p class="error"><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.</b><br />
    Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p><p class="error">An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="mailto:[email protected]">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p class="error">We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote>

<!--
    Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:
    INSERT INTO forum (forumid, styleid, title, description, options, displayorder, replycount, lastpost, lastposter, lastthread, lastthreadid, lasticonid, threadcount, daysprune, newpostemail, newthreademail, parentid, parentlist, password, link, childlist)
    VALUES (1, 0, 'Main Category', 'Main Category Description', '86017', '1', '0', '0', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '', '', '-1', '1,-1', '', '', '1,2,-1'),
    (2, 0, 'Main Forum', 'Main Forum Description', '89799', '1', '0', '0', '', '', '', '', '0', '30', '', '', '1', '2,1,-1', '', '', '2,-1')

mysql error: Out of range value adjusted for column 'lastthreadid' at row 2

mysql error number: 1264

Date: Tuesday 18th 2006f April 2006 01:26:11 AM
    Script: http://localhost/forum/install/install.php?step=5
    Referer: http://localhost/forum/install/install.php?step=4
    IP Address: 127.0.0.1
    --> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Host info:

Windows XP
    Apache 2.2.0
    MySQL 5.0.16
    PHP 5.1.1

Thanks,

Greg
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I haven't heard of that one before. It may be that the old 3.0.6 install is not compatible with later versions of PHP and MySQL. Which versions are you running?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Dec 2000

Steve is correct, only vBulletin 3.5.0+ supports MySQL 5.

You can use older versions if you disable strict mode though in MySQL.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• galey801
        • Apr 2006
        • 3.8.x

Thanks guys,

Will have to go back to 4.1 of mysql as I need to get this DB working. Will be back if I have any probs.

Greg

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...