Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrOnline
    • Apr 2006

how do i check subscribers

every now and then it looks like a paypal payment is going ok but it's ehh not
    I've had several problems with users paying via the "paid subscriber" and group changes as it should (thnk god for that) but they do not apear under "paid subscriptions" in adminCP. and the system i use check that they are part of 1 of the "paid subscriber groups" , and that status = 1 for active paid subscription so when it's not ok there they want be able to login.. this is happening often and checking paypal payments is taking to long time so question is now... is there a way to run a query to check if users that are part of the "subscriber" group (usergroupid 9) also have a paid subscription ??

like a php file or something ?? and please dont just say yes... i need way more help than that.... :-) but happy for any help at all
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

What about the original problem? If we can fix the original problem then we won't need to concoct a crude solution to get around it. I don't know that query off hand.

You says users with subscriptions are not appearing in your Admin CP. Make sure you are looking in your:

Admin CP -> Paid Subscriptions -> Subscription Manager -> View Users (in the menu)

Also make sure your payment APIs are working:

Admin CP -> Paid Subscriptions -> Test Communication

Also, subscription expirations are handled by a scheduled task that runs every hour. Make sure that task is present in your:

Admin CP -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager

Also, tasks will only run if this code is present in your footer:

Code:
    	<!-- Do not remove $cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
    	$cronimage
    	<!-- Do not remove $cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
    And of course, make sure you don't have any file hacks or plugins installed.

Comment

• MrOnline
      • Apr 2006

well paypal works

paypal works like a charm, forum has aprox 6000 members, and 1500 sub's.. so in 98% of the time it works great and all is well... but every now and then a user says they have paid, but our "subscribers only" area that check both that they are in subscriber group, and that they are "active" (did my head in a bit cause they can change from 1month sub, to 3 months sub, so they had -1 in 1 month group and 1 in 3 months). So after paying for a reccuring subscription, or updating from 1 month to 3 months it every now and then happend that they are still in "subscriber" group, but they are not in any of the "paid subscriptions" and it's not all, just thoose few than dont show on "paid subscriptions" in AdminCP....

But with 1500++ paying sub.s it's impossible to keep track of paypal and if they are active, in sub. group and further... thats why i wonder if there is a possible way to do a lookup for users in usergroupid 9 also are somewhere in "paid subscriptions" with status 1

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

You have a custom script that reports on subscription and group status? Maybe the script is not reporting correctly?

Also keep in mind that expired subscriptions can take up to 24 hours to process because the associated task runs every 24 hours.

Comment

• MrOnline
          • Apr 2006

jheezee

i can say this AGAIN and AGAIN

ITS VBULLETING NOT WORKING GREAT...
          all my scripts that check if user are part of the groups does the job, thats how we found out not all is working with vbulletin and we have had same issue on 2 different installations of vbulletin

When the user pays with paypal the payments goes ok, but user doesnt end up in a "paid subscription" group under admincp -> paid subscription, he only ends up in the usergroup Subscribers..

Its due to my script that checks the user for memership of both that made us aware of this..

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

Ok, assuming it's a vBulletin problem...

Is the problem reproducible? Or is it just a rare and random fluke? If we can easily reproduce the problem then we can attempt to fix it. Otherwise I have to recommend uninstalling any hacks, plugins, or other mods to see if that fixes the problem... I have never seen this problem reported before, nor do I have any guesses as to what might be causing it.

Comment

• MrOnline
              • Apr 2006

reprouce

well it happends every now and then, not to seldom that it's not a problem. And we have had same problem on 2 different boards, 1 with some hacks/plugins the other as a clean board.

It happens aprox 1 out of 100 payments that the user ends up in "subscriber" but not as "active" in Paid subscriber.

Thats why i was wondering if there is a "script" or anything that can check if usergroupid = '9' and user subscriptionlog.status!= 1 (ehh not 1 if i got it right)

Not sure how this will work due to several subscriptionid 's

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                • Dec 2000
                • 3.6.x

I will ask the others to see if we can come up with some educated guesses or at least some insight that might help.

Comment

• MrOnline
                  • Apr 2006

thnks

would be nice to have help making the script tho...

Not that into this kinda stuff...
                  but figured out that i need to check if they are in usergroup, but not sure how i can make it so they are NOT part of "subscriptionlog.status=1"..

and do i need subscriptionlog.subscriptionid, or can i just use subscriptionid??

to make this clear.. what i want is to find any users in usergroup 9 that doesn not have an active subscription...

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                    • Dec 2000
                    • 3.6.x

www.vbulletin.org is the place for help with custom scripts. Otherwise I am trying to resolve the original problem.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                      Former vBulletin Developer
                      • Dec 2000

What version of 3.5 are you using? There was problems where people who had requested email verification or been banned on expiration would be moved back to the subscribers group.
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• MrOnline
                        • Apr 2006

using v3.5.4

using latest version..

Comment

• MrOnline
                          • Apr 2006

any news ?

any new intel on whats happening ??

Comment

• MrOnline
                            • Apr 2006

Anything ???

Any intel on this ???

Comment

• MrOnline
                              • Apr 2006

whats going on ???

is anything done here or do i still have to wait ???

If so it would be nice to know how i can check users with subscriptionstatus = 1 vs subscribers....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...